GH: April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

But how would Wagger even know Jason is trustworthy if he's a completely different person?  He doesn't know THIS Jason.  My assumption was similar in that Jagger's previous relationship was part of the reason Jagger/Jason went along with this whole plot.  As in Jason would trust Jagger a bit more because he's Stone's brother, knew his family, knew Karen/Brenda/Robin, went to high school with him etc.  I could understand Jagger leaving the Sonny of it all out of it, but not their entire past.

Edited by carolineg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, I don’t think it’s totally out of character for him, but a totally disappointing character flaw, IMO. Especially after his last return and Drew stealing his life. 

But if that’s the route they’re going in, they really need to stop with Carly being everyone’s BFF and people like Sam and Liz softening their position on her and going back to the way it was before this story. 

Sam and Liz should have a visceral hatred for Carly and Jason for their sons never coming before her on Jason’s priority list. 

• Members

Stuff like this is exactly why the show still needed AJ. We need someone to be in Jason’s face about Michael and his hypocrisy at shunning the Q’s and then totally ignoring his own children. He’s actually a worse parent than AJ would have been when you count the abandonment, shootings, kidnapping, constant threats. Jason Morgan left because he wanted to be free to choose his own path. Are Sonny, Carly and Jason’s kids free? 

• Members

It is easy to resurrect A.J. again. Sadly SK is not currently available.

I agree. Though I suspect the parents/kids will be in his face about it soon enough, judging by the more even-handed writing lately. Sam, Jake, etc. certainly haven't been shy about lighting him up for the last couple weeks.

• Members

It's not gonna work without Sarah if they try IMO, and that's almost certainly not happening. But I do appreciate the more nuanced writing for Jason and that Steve is putting in an effort.

• Members

I think it probably could have worked with TB's Carly back in the day too.  To me, it just feels like the Carly/Jason romance ship has sailed.  They have had multiple partners, children, lives, and never seemed much more than friendship since the SJB days.  Until the last few years I never even thought it a viable pairing that writers would consider.  I could *maybe* believe Carly was in love with Jason this entire time, but I don't believe Jason was ever in love with her.  And LW and SBu really have no romantic chemistry.

The show does seem to be distancing Sam and Liz from their Jason days, but I see it more a sign of growth for the characters.  I do feel bad for their fans though lol.  I struggle to see where I would put Jason romantically at this point, but I also think Jason as a character makes sense being alone for periods of time.  The Britt pairing came out of left field and worked well, so I am sure the show can figure something out.