B&B: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

The only silver lining to all this, Annika Noelle is really bringing IT with her scenes.  Matthew Atkison for some reason, not as much, for me.  Well we've established the females on this show have a stronger presence than the males.

Edited by Jeff

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Matthew Atkinson has been much too lethargic for me. I understand the character being down and even depressed, but that doesn't mean the character should be played without any energy at all.

Atkinson looks like he's ready for another vacation.

Yeah, that black hair on Steffy does not work.

• Members

Okay, so I caught a few mins of B&B today after boycotting the past couple weeks, only to get to the line that Douglas told Hope that dead. “Dad was good enough for her,” when talking about Caroline.

Please register in order to view this content

How soon Thudley forgets about the rape and the fake dying story.

Also Thudley needs to see a therapist. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Am I the only one who gagged when Thomas said to Brooke - I wanted to provide for her.

P.S - Annika gave A PERFORMACE. Amazing actress. Can't get better than this.

P.S 2 - Well... Thomas... is gone. For now... MONTHS of storyline - killed in 3 episodes. 

Bradley builds up things to kill them in a second... and kills things without building them up.

P.S 3 - Steffy coming to gloat at Hope losing everyone is copy/paste Stephanie gloating at Brooke when Brooke broke up with Ridge back in the 80s, JUST before Brooke hooked up with Eric. So it's official, girlies... Hope and Finn are the next goal of this master storyteller. 

Edited by Althea Davis

• Members

I wanted to add... the way they are removing Douglas out of Hope's life... with 1 freaking scene in 1 episode... is really mind-bogglingly bad writing. The only thing I can compare it is... to Sheila dying after being gone for weeks... dead in 3 episodes without build up.

What this show now is telling it's viewers is - DON'T BE INVESTED in ANYTHING, darlings, cuz We can UNDO it in 1 scene after 3 months and you'll never hear about it again. Cuz we don't care.

That's the whole vibe I am getting - he, who is in charge, doesn't care what we feel or think or if we are invested or not. It's this... or he has really lost it in a way that makes him completely inadequate to write anymore.

Everyone in this storyline is acting foolishly and completely unrealistic. You don't tear a child from a woman like that. You don't do things like that.

It's so premature and so fast... that your head spins. 

Trust me... soon there will be Finn and Hope in love without build up... and even SOONER it will be Steffy and Liam AGAIN. 

This show reminds me of a bad Sims simulation, where the player has stopped playing and forgotten about the laptop months ago and the laptop is still plugged in and the game plays on auto-pilot.

There is no direction, no atmosphere, no real emotion, besides what the great actors are basically squeezing out of  BAD SCRIPT.

• Members

I'd like to see her go to therapy to understand how her conception and her mother's past have made her romanticize the idea of taking a walk on the wild side, and realize that giving into her lust for an abuser was dangerous, and that what she and Thomas have is codependency, not love. I'd like to see her obtain full custody of both children and sue Forrester for creating a hostile work environment and take a big piece of the company, similar to Brooke's Belief lawsuit.

• Members

Yes to all of this!!!! 

it’s really sad how Thudley would never take any form of therapy seriously as Hope isn’t the only one who needs it. Imagine if Brooke, Taylor and Steffy were actually on a mission to seek help for all the abused they endured at the hands of Ridge/Liam, and they actually all bonded together to kick those creeps to the curb! 

• Members

You are on point! I agree. And I have watched 99.0 percent of Bold. 70 percent I have watched dedicated. So I know I can compare.

This current period is... just junk... Not 1 story works. Not even 1. And this has been going on for months and months. In the past there have been crutches to move along... and before 2012... It was Stephanie who was the crutch for every bad period the show had. 

I am watching now...  in amusement how bad it is and sickly interested... how much worse it can get. It's like watching a rotting egg and checking it every day to see how disgusting it has gotten.