B&B: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

It was out of character for Brooke in my opinion because Deacon was not the type she would get involved with. After she broke up with Dave in the early days she had been involved with Ridge, Eric, Connor, James, Grant and Thorne. Men who were very different from a lowlife scum like Deacon. I just never bought that Brooke would ever look twice at someone like Deacon, and that's without taking the whole Bridget situation into consideration.

You think differently though, and that's fine.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree. I had all of it taped on VHS-tapes and used to re-watch them all the time. The whole Breacon scandal was soooo entertaining and trashy.

• Members

I'd like to know the same thing. Why can't these couples ever be happy just being together instead of this complete OBSESSION to have a wedding?

Even worse, most of the conversations aren't between the couple -- instead they're with other family members. Who the eff lives this way?

Fully agree. Deacon and Bridge was in character, so much so that I'd be fine with them having another go-round starting today.

Sorry, just one look at Brooke's life tells you that NOTHING is too messy or out of character for her. She's not exactly some paragon of rationality.

• Members

This soap is a mess.

I'm glad people on Twitter are upset about the stories and that Taylor isn't around for her children. Instead they have Brooke talking with Thomas? Is that true? I'm not watching.

This soap is trash.

• Members

I'm completely Team Hope in this. She had made it clear that she wasn't ready to get married again, yet Thomas still proposed, again.... And when Hope stood firm in her decision Thomas whines to Steffy, and now she decides to get involved....

Please register in order to view this content

If Thomas isn't mature enough to respect Hope's clearly stated wish to not rush into another marriage then maybe he hasn't moved past his previous obsessive behaviour. I just hope that Hope doesn't allow herself to get bullied into accepting his proposal. She has done nothing wrong and I hope she makes that clear to Steffy, who by the way should worry more about her own marriage instead of butting into other people's business. In that respect she really is like her namesake.

• Members

I am team nobody here. 

This is WAY too premature. It lacks months of build up YET AGAIN. I don't know how fans in the other boards and facebook ACCEPT this... I know people here don't. And people here have criteria and are not that easily satisfied with BAD writing and stupid twists.

Hope trying to slap Steffy in a Brooke-Stephanie style is not interesting. It does not work - it lacks the build up and the dynamic that needs to be written for it to be effective. It will also not work when Hope gets with Finn.

Now I see that his idea is to... without any proper build up... and logic, turn the good girl Hope into the new Whore of Beverly Hills. This will backfire and is already doing so... and I will tell you why - for decades now Hope has NEVER been this kind of a character, she had a completely different backstory and psychology behind her. To now believe that all of a sudden she is acting like her mother is reductive. Why is this happening? What is the logic and the psychology behind it? Hope USED TO BE AGAINST all of this. Is this just a basic ratings re-write or do all female characters in this stupid show become sluts after 30? This is so sexist and so disgusting.

With Brooke it worked, because she was a home-wrecker and a conniver from THE GET GO. She basically stole Ridge from Caroline. For years STEFFY was the one written in this type of characterization.

I get that a nun may become a prostitute... but in this case it all seems way too fake. Hope just doesn't HAVE THAT in her. I am sorry. Hope does not work as a conniver and a seductress. Kill me for saying this.

I also don't like how this is involving Steffy. This character doesn't need to be in a fight with Hope right now. She has bigger fish to fry. We've seen this REPEATED at least 5 times. Also Steffy with HER backstory should be the first to understand Hope. But no... Steffy is also being re-programmed like an AI.

And Bradley could have at least given 1 sentence about the whereabouts of Taylor Hayes. Is she in a coma somewhere? Or is Sheila going to come back impersonating Taylor... or is Taylor back in Morocco drinking tea with the king... 

The sloppy, messy, without-logic-writing will make ALL fans slowly disappear. Give this show to an AI and it will make the ratings go up. Anything other than BELL!

P.S

We also have young, strong, potent males who sit all day talking like women and gossiping like old grannies. I am sorry, but I am sick of the repeated dialogues and the boring commentary in every scene. Give these HUNKS something to do! Give them a storyline.

This show is nauseating. I can't believe how bad this year has started.

• Members

ITA...At least bring back the Forrester gym and have them stand around shirtless while they have these nonsense, repeating conversations.

Thomas proposing every week was creepy, and any reasonable person would think that Hope should not rush into marriage with anyone, especially Thomas, right now!