B&B: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Liam is still giving me creepy vibes. They should really go in that direction with the character versus the Steffy/Hope back and forth.

Am I the only one wondering what the hell is IN THOSE MINTS? 

More repeat dialogue over and over today.

Also, does anyone at FC actually work? All they do is make out and have sex in the office!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)

I cringed so much the last episode. Hope is now Mother eff-ing Theresa, ready to establish a Foundation to Mourn Dead Serial Killers. She is so invested in Finn and how Steffy killed his MOMMY little dearest. Who believes this sh-t? Who writes this sh-t? Did Hope forget that Sheila once SHOT her mother and Brooke barely survived. Sheila also attempted to kill Brooke on 2 other instances in the early 90s.  And Thomas sits there and hears it... boy... you better prep that fake doll you were making out those years ago, since you're going to be dry soon. That doll better be fresh and dolled up, ready for action. 

There were also multiple instances of bad acting, not only by the usual Liberty Biberty, but multiple. I laughed out loud at some reactions. But I don't want to offend some fans. So I will just say this.

But at least we got meaty RJ naked again, shoutout - @Soapsuds and @Jeff.

Edited by Althea Davis

• Members

I don't think he is watching.  So, we are going to have to provide RJ visuals.  I couldn't find him in his swim trunks on Friday, but this is from Thursday.  Effective enough, yeah?

rj confused by zende

• Members
Posted (edited)

This should be a non-issue, in theory.  I mean we should all be entitled to our opinions.  But I know how people can get.  For me, I don't have a problem with people saying <fill in the blank> can't act.  I have a thick skin and am able to dismiss the comments I may not agree with, and move on.  Depending on my mood, I may jump in and add my 2 cents...or I'm onto the next.

Since I have some time today, here is my problem with the Zende/Luna mess, I mean where to begin really... As stated this story is not being told with kindness and respect to the victim.  The only thing the mother of the victim, and the perpetrator, care about is that Luna not tell RJ what happened.  What about Luna's FEELINGS and GUILT for something she had no control over?  This could scar a person for life.  Brad Bell should NOT attempt to write a controversial story cause he doesn't know how to tell it with compassion.  It might be one thing if Zende showed some remorse; instead he comes across as swarmy, indignant, superior and full of himself.  I blame the writing, not Delon de Metz, who has no say in the direction of his character.  Another low was when Poppy and Zende were practically joking around, and she called him "Tiger".  Really??

Edited by Jeff

• Members

And when they do work, we see someone drawing a design -- unlike the way anyone in the industry does it.

It looks like RJ, Zende, Eric, and Ridge do nothing but play coloring book or draw over lines that are already there.

• Members

And, where I think the show misses a HUGE opportunity in developing more depth in the stories is not exploring the people in the basement (where Thorne worked). The people who are doing the REAL hard work, and showing and exploring class struggles that way as well as give us that character who's trying to claw their way to the top. Right now, it's so easy for a new character, such as Luna, to become a BIG success at FC without really showing them doing anything.

• Members

Still boycotting, but reading recaps and gleaming a lot from all y'all observations!

1. Eventually Bill Sr. admitted the Dru r*pe by Malcolm on Y&R was wrong. It unfortunate that story made such an impression that Brad has used it twice. And both times, the victim is somehow at fault. Just gross.

2. Luna knows Poppy takes strong mints. How is it that Luna became that drugged out, while Poppy seems to pop them with no impairment? Have they shown any scenes where Poppy also is drugged out?

3. I don't suppose the coroner noted obvious plastic surgery on *Sheila* or DNA or toes.

4. Will the traditionally March Madness Wednesday cliffhanger involve Sheila? Yeah, that's rhetorical.

5. Will B&B bring up Ally's 'mur-dah' and when Steffy shot Sheila in the hotel room? B&B writing has to move away from characters either being good or evil. The way they dismissed Taylor's premeditated shooting of $B or her role in the baby snatching is ludicrous - 'Taylor, that's not who you are!' Yes, Taylor that is exactly who you are once Bradley decided to destroy her character.

6. B&B is so frustrating because they just burn through stories and characters so fast and skip so many beats. What's odd is that B&B has no reason to do this.  What was the darned rush to *kill* off Sheila? Couldn't they have at least worked in even two scenes a week for the past two months? Or more scenes with Sheila bonding with Finn?