GH: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

To a certain degree I think we can let our speculation be led by the opposite of what Dan & Chris were going to do. 

For example, Dan & Chris were bringing Morgan back. 

For another example, Dan & Chris were having Jason go to Liz. 

(Multiple people have talked about these 2 things.)

• Members

I'd sooner see Jason knockin' boots with Audrey!

IMO, LW's best chemistry was with Amelia Heinle on LOVING/THE CITY and Kim Zimmer and Cynthia Watros on GL.  No, I'm not kidding.

• Members
Posted (edited)

IMO, there's more drama and conflict to be had with Liz, as a single mom of three boys/young men, finding love with someone who isn't already one of her baby daddies.  Someone who's solid and reliable - possibly, working as a doctor at the hospital - and who isn't played by Michael Easton, lol.

Edited by Khan

• Members

It is not a given in soap fandom that any & every potential pairing will get a fair shot. And, I know, we all know this. I believe the biggest problem is that GH mgmt. thinks FIZ is a success. Apparently in the vein of there being no such thing as bad publicity, they count any mention of Liz, or Fiz or Finn as a sign that the audience is watching & engaged with that character or couple. So, context be damned, when I write #FreeLiz it goes into the plus column for the pairing. So, taken to its logical conclusion that means I should STFU about Liz entirely as long as they persist with Fiz. (Am I losing my mind?) 

• Members

I am not really even commenting on Liz/Jason vs. Finn/Liz.  I just never thought Jason/Liz really ever got a shot as a real couple.  The romance was started and stopped so many times for other characters like Courtney and Sam.  Sure, they got a kid out of it and I guess that's fine.  I just don't know if they were ever a really together and they have a decent fanbase.  I, again, would try Jason with someone new.

JaSam vs. Liason was never a big thing for me though.  Both couples are okay to me.  I don't like or dislike either pairing.

• Members

I understand. I'm not violently for or against Sam or Liz. Although I think Sante is viable so I don't really see the need for disrupting something that is actually working. I will admit that Liz seems to me to be going backwards. 

The only thing I have heard, that I think is going to be true, is that we're going to see more of Jason as a father & I think that is a very cool idea! I find I am much more invested in seeing Steve portray more of Jason's humanity rather than the typical romance posture. 

I think if it were me in the hot seat, seeing the fanbase wars that I might throw up my hands in frustration. 

Yes, maybe that! I thought Britt worked very well & she was totally new. Who could be another Britt?

I'm pretty close to that feeling, too. 

So, on this point we disagree. Big whoop. We both will live. Frank & Varni both love ME. I believe their POV about him is way beyond anything Frank ever felt about Wes. Peter was a creation of Dan & Chris & they aren't particularly known for their intelligence, plus they dragged out how many stories?! Peter, Willow dying, that damned hook. This ridiculous Marshall current story is all theirs & thank god it's gonna be over soon because it is utterly absurd.