GH: February 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The dress Lois actually wore does look like it would look good on Brook Lynn and it looks antique-y, so I am not sure why they didn't pull that dress out or just find something similar.  I thought Brenda's best woman dress was super cute and would hold up as a bridesmaid dress today as well.  If GH wants my advice lol.

• Members

Donna, I agree with your point about Eva LaRue's interview. It's part of that "Hate the sin, not the sinner" defense, and I find it pathetic and disingenuous.

I'm not saying LaRue is homophobic or near it, but I think her comment displays a lot of ignorance. She'd have been better off saying that we'll have to tune in to find out. You cannot call your character "conservative Latina mom" and then give her a pass on homophobia.

Not buying it. At all.

• Members

It's really hard for me to say because the article is poorly worded.   Without seeing the actual interview they are taking from it's difficult to find the nuance of what ELR is trying to say.  Like is ELR trying to say Kristina and her family are the issue, not the fact Blaze is gay?  Or is she just against any pre-marital sex in the year 2024 lol?  It's obvious to me from the bits and pieces Blaze has said her mother is homophobic, but maybe ELR has a different idea about the character and her motivation.

• Members

Can't imagine why I'm not going to judge poor Eva LaRue being interviewed about her character's point of view (which the soap media often ask the actors to do in character) based only on a screencap of a comments section that was posted so someone can accuse me of attacking them on some other forum, lol.

• Members

It's a dumb story and not worth the read.  It's pretending to be an interview, but it's taking from another interview we can't see lol

And after talking to you for however many years that comment doesn't sound like any wording you have ever used lol.

It took me about 30 seconds to find that clip, so I don't understand why some assistant couldn't have gotten a clip of the dress to make it more accurate.

Even if it was similar I wouldn't have noticed the difference.  But that was way off.

• Members

Yeah, I just looked myself (and if someone - not you - wanted to have a discussion about it, they should've posted the actual 'article'). Soaphub appears to be another of the many soulless clickbait vacuum sites that just take clips or interviews from elsewhere. This one is trying to make an article out of ELR being interviewed by an ABC news affiliate on YouTube and tosses in a few random quotes. There is no discourse to be had here. As for Donna, anything I have to say to her I have zero problem saying to her face. I haven't frequented more than two public soap forums in over a decade.

Edited by Vee

• Members

What in the world are you on about now? The link is present to read the interview. And in fact I was attacked by someone using your username & in the comments section on SoapHub. I would hope that people would stay in touch with what actually happened instead of speaking about it as if it was someone's nightmarish fantasy. I'm only seeing this because you were quoted. And, I in no way said or did anything to make someone refer to the fabulous, incredible Eva LaRue whose acting is amazing, ... poor Eva LaRue.?!!! HUH?!! 

I would point out to you that this is a device that Errol uses all of the time. 

And, in fact, Wardrobe did recreate Lila's gown but we've not yet seen that. It wasn't the issue that you describe here. 

• Members

Not only was she apparently attempting to quote me, but I was referring to ranger1g's commentary criticizing Eva LaRue... based on a screencap of Donna on a comments section of another website, on a clickbait article that no one actually posted here.

If you guys need me I'll be nursing a Japanese beer; it's gotta be 5 o'clock somewhere.