GH: O’Connor/Van Etten OUT! Mulcahey/Korte IN!

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And both complete! Unlike so many other classic soaps gone to history due to tape wiping and other limitations of the times.

As far as the new writing regime- I am tempering my optimism by recognizing this will not be the same as it was 20+ years ago. But I do think it will be an improvement as far as character, day to day episodes, and stories with more depth and more beats played out.

With GH I believe the complete episodes begin in maybe 1979? I know that it’s very spotty before that. It might be 1980 when the actual full archive begins.

• Members

Apparently DAYS lost one early season, possibly the second year, to a warehouse fire. 

AMC & OLTL also suffered losses due to a shared warehouse fire. Apparently 5 early seasons. 

Just a little bitty question, ... 

GH Spotlight began with 2018. 

Y&R's classic channel began with 2018. 

Wtheck was special about 2018?!! 

• Members

My biggest wish for this writing team is that they’ll put Genie front and centre where she belongs. Been waiting five years for Frank’s false promises to materialize. The show should revolve around the hospital and Laura. 

• Members

On their latest podcast, Steve Burton & Bradford Anderson take a fan question which is who wrote his re-entry script (which he already said he cannot talk about what is in it). Burton said a lot about Korte's background with the show & his character & then said that Patrick joined her - he thinks - and that they crafted his new story. Starts at 11:30. He was quite complimentary about Korte. Of course he knows her. Doesn't yet know PM. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
more

• Members

Yesterday an old friend caught me up on Mulcahey's work at B&B. I was watching for about 2 years then. I began with Karla Mosley's being hired as Maya but then didn't watch till the very end. So my friend said that besides writing dialogue that PM was the Story Consultant for Maya's Story. I would think that would have a lot in common with a HW's job. It made me get really excited but I have intentionally ratcheted it back to guarded optimism. Just afraid to get too excited. Seems there is safety in cynicism. But, I still have my fingers crossed. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

In celebration, I went ahead and found PM's first credited appearance on GL. Someone many pages back said you could tell a PM script from the get go and this one is truly no exception. Could tell from the first interaction with Nick and Eve. 

Hope this means good things for daytime. I'll be rooting from the sidelines.