GH: O’Connor/Van Etten OUT! Mulcahey/Korte IN!

• Members

I'm convinced that Adam Huss doesn't have a contract because they went into a huddle & seriously tried to decide whether to invest in the Cassadines or not. This lines up with Avery saying they told her they were restructuring the show. If they still haven't decided, maybe PM's opinion will matter. Right now they can technically still stall. Nik is in jail & Spencer is thought to be dead. I would estimate that PM would want to have the Cassadines, so maybe for once the timing is right. 

Now yesterday Ava announced the sale of Spoon Island. Ruh-roh. Is this a sign of an ultimate decision? 

And, as we say farewell to Dan & Chris, here they are ... 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
combine 2 posts

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

IMO, the only reason Adam Huss doesn't have a contract is because they went into a huddle to decide whether to  or whether not to invest in Cassadines. That is also the reason they haven't decided whether to bring NAC back or go forward with his recast. Personally I think *maybe* they have now decided & a Cassadine has bought Wyndemere hiding behind a shell company. If that supposition is correct then things might FINALLY begin to happen.

• Members

With Sam possibly in play for Jason again, Dante is too good a character to just waste. While I would prefer JMB as Lulu, I could accept another recast. I liked Marci Miller on DAYS, so why not? Anyone but Emme.

It is a huge waste for Genie Francis to not have her family on the show. It has always played to her strengths, and it’s also beyond time for them to at least try Lucky again. If JJ won’t come back, then find me a suitable actor in that age that is not a daytime recycle. Invest in the character.

Some of the most impactful scenes of the last couple months besides Bobbie’s memorial were her dealings with the Spencer/Esme fallout, and Nikolas showing up at her penthouse. None of that had much weight without her. So if they have decided to move on from Nikolas and Spencer, she needs her other kids.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

He has said in the past he was willing to return. After Tony left. The show has never pursued it. No idea if that still stands. Same with Vanessa Marcil- there have been meetings but never a real attempt to get her. It’s one of the reasons I am happy someone at ABC has started looking more closely at the show because we can’t keep limping along with what we are seeing. I am not one of those Fire Frank! viewers. I can’t wait to see what happens with some creative control taken away from him though.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I would rather drink Drano than watch Jason and Sam together again, but I won't be totally shocked if it happens if both Steve and Kelly are looking for more job security (and I suspect she might be). I consider the inevitable return of Steve to be the toll I must pay for Patrick Mulcahey. I just hope he finds something interesting to do with this spent character.

I will not be shocked if PM does bring back the Spencer kids. And allegedly JJ has claimed he'd be willing to appear but hasn't been asked. Who knows how long ago that was or what they could even get him for at this point, but it's undeniable GH shít the bed alienating him out of his contract with bad story in 2010-2011. He's not getting any younger, so I would try again.

Getting Vanessa back would be Job One for me. Maurice cannot handle frontburner story, she can; he can take a backseat to her. That writes itself. If it happens we'll know something has changed with Frank, because we've all postulated that he deliberately keeps her gone because she's too big for his vision.

Edited by Vee

• Members

There’s credits in that episode, and Roger Newman is listed as the Script Writer, not Mulcahey.

Mulcahey (and Courtney Simon) did write a lot of key episodes during this time. Notably, Mulcahey wrote Maureen’s funeral episode which won them the writing Emmy in 1993. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I have seen no evidence of this. If it were true, I think by now something, somewhere, somehow would have revealed it. 

Thanks for that info. I picked it up from another fan. From what their text said it was clear that they knew he'd written one of these Ed/Maureen scenes. They just got the wrong scene & I compounded their error. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

I agree. I love me sum Dante. He's one of the few characters that humanizes Sonny and I love their repour. Add on Ava/Sonny as co-parents.

OOoo...Marci Miller is a good choice. I liked her starting off on DAYS. And I know that she flatlined, left, KM came back and left, and Marci came back with some of the spark KM had as Abby. I don't know if she maintained through her on/off appearances before the character was killed, but I think she could do Lulu. 

I definitely think it is looooong overdue for Lucky to come home. Like Brenda, he still has soooo many connections on canvas. I mean just off the top of my head, how would Lucky react to the new branch of the family tree with Cyrus and Martin? How would Lucky react to Liz...especially with Aidan coming out? If Nik recurs...what would Lucky think of his going-ons? Would a feud explode? What would he think if Sam/Jason got back together? Would he? I mean there is so much to do.

Yes, indeed. If a loose grip on the show leads to some happy returns ALL beloved characters and not just the ones FV can pick and choose, I am all for it. 

• Members

Miller would really bring some depth back to the role, and I feel like she'd be amazing opposite Genie Francis & Dominic Zamprogna. Plus, that Spencer sass could finally come back. Plus, she has some connections with the General Hospital ladies, so it'd be comforting a bit:

Please register in order to view this content