GH: O’Connor/Van Etten OUT! Mulcahey/Korte IN!

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

She really would! It's why she's my top choice.

Emme Rylan, talent-wise, could have worked for Lulu but the lobotomized her⏤like most female characters under the "writer's" regime⏤and weakened her by making her a mom. Same thing happened to Maxie, IMHO.

• Members

I think the decision to fire the writers was made during the writer's strike. They couldn't do it then because they weren't legally allowed to. Instead, when Chris and Dan came back they were told to finish their storylines and prepare a story for Jason's return. The producers never intended to use their Jason story, and when they presented it that was the point of their firing.

• Members

There were things that happened during the strike that set up certain circumstances. 

We can be safe figuring that included fan reaction to scab writing. Also the way things did & didn't happen at the studio.

Dan & Chris returned. They began doing things in their usual way. Their first decision was for Chase to propose to BLQ. This was sometime before Christmas. 

A bit after Christmas Frank started seriously thinking about things. 

All this time Dan & Chris are doing their thing. They had scripts go to air sometime before Christmas. Not long before. 

Jan. 17 Jason Re-entry Script turned in. Rejected. Orally told they were out. 

Fri. dotted i's & crossed t's formally fired. 1-19

Mon. press notified. 1-22

Now, believe this or not. Entirely up to you. I don't care. But, I'm not going to argue about it. 

• Members

Considering how convoluted their stories are, is it any surprise their story for Jason’s return was turned down? I can only imagine how insane and over the top (not to mention, dragged out) it would’ve been. In general, i think Jason is a character they really struggled with. I don’t think the show wanted to waste such a big return on a bad story. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

In fairness any story featuring a 'brainwashed' Jason as Sonny's attacker (which appears to be the trajectory here) is over the top by definition. But after the Two Jasons mess it's not exactly off-brand. I just hope PM doesn't go deep into brains on USBs and microchips again.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It doesn't, but I'm betting rn that for the purposes of this story, Jason was the shooter in Puerto Rico and again this week. It's not like there isn't a background in brainwashing for both twins now and PM did inherit this ridiculous sci-fi setup. I really don't care what the story is tbh so long as they don't come up with a Q triplet. Just get Jason back and move on so I can see what the rest of the show has to offer.

• Members
Posted (edited)

They may be credited because their contract cycles were still in play but that wasnt C& D. Today may have been all EK.

Edited by John