B&B: Popular Actress OUT!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Man, if the news of KA's departure/firing can generate 12 pages of board discussion (and counting!), I'd hate to see how many pages we'd run to if someone more integral to B&B were given the heave-ho.

Either way, the bandwith's likely to explode at any moment.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Right, he's barely been on all of 2023. I always thought he and Taylor would have been interesting (even though she shot him!).

What about Paris? We saw her briefly during the fashion challenge. Is she even on contract anymore, too? Although, I always thought the character and the actress were a bit flat. I don't know why this show can't write for a woman of color. Maya and Nicole were the best chances they had, and they dropped the ball on both of them, too.

Katie doesn't really seem to have any sort of purpose at all. She could not have appeared at all these past few months, and the story would still progress. I was kind of intrigued by her pairing with Carter, but they've done ZERO with them.

If you're not playing Brooke, Ridge, Liam, Steffy, Hope, Thomas...and MAYBE Finn and RJ at this point....the future is VERY uncertain.

But, the show has been this way for years. Dropped storylines. Interesting new characters introduced, briefly used, and then unceremoniously dropped.

Quinn and Carter were the HOTTEST pairing the show had had in years, so predictably they dropped it.

Even Brooke and Taylor's "friendship" had promise to take the show in a different and new direction, and they dropped it because everyone needs to obsess over Ridge or Liam on this show.

• Members

Definitely. Here's the fundamental difference between B&B and the 3 other soaps - those other shows produce twice the content. Therefore, recurring on an hour show means a lot more possibilities for getting incorporated into episodes and minor storylines.

In fact, those recurring players are essential to those shows business model. Those established characters have so much history and connections to their respective canvases that they could be pulled into major stories easily. Not so on B&B

Elizabeth Hendrickson (Chloe) on Y&R, she's been recurring for years, but she's still on and even in the opening credits. Ironically, as a fashion designer, she's been long erased on B&B.

• Members

Krista (at least write her name right if you are going to criticize) was a fabulous Taylor and based on the pretty much 99.9 to 0.1 reaction to her (pretty much everyone LOVED her), I think your perception is just that... yours and completely far from the universally perceived truth. 

Also Hunter Tylo has been playing Taylor without that initial drive that she had the first years. In the end, it seemed like the actress was really DONE with all the [!@#$%^&*] she had to play. And I understand her completely.

If Bradley was not a..... he will invite Krista back in couple of months. But we all know this will never happen after what she said. He will hold that grudge as long as he lives.

You can't be far from the truth. Hunter played Taylor more serious and more dramatic. Krista played her more fun and more intelligent. Completely different approaches to the character. Both were amazing at some point.