B&B: Popular Actress OUT!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Early on she tweeted that she had just been involved in taking the cast photo when she first heard the "news" that they weren't picking up the rest of her contract. It's offensive in the same way it was when CBS informed GL that they were canceled on April Fool's Day because that was the last day where they had to either order more episodes or issue the cancel order, like no one thought to do it on the day before! 

• Members

KA had the nearly impossible job of stepping in to a role that had been associated with an iconic soap actor for almost 30 years.

KA did it thought. She captured the essence of Taylor in a short period of time while still giving the role a fresh take. Unless, Tylo has asked to return, I seriously don't get this at all. A true shame, but that's why it's call show *business* - it's ruthless. 

• Members

I have never seen this. Very interesting. I bet Ronn could write a helluva memoir. Although he played Ridge as the ultimate himbo, in reality Ronn is really well spoken and seems both forthright and kind. 

Krista and Lauren Koslow had the best chemistry.

Now that LK has been dropped to recurring at DAYS, I had momentarily hoped she might get to pop up on B&B and jazz up the Spencers...but seeing what Brad just did to Krista...no. 

• Members

KA seemed nice but how can anyone be surprised by this? The entire reason Hunter refused to return anymore, which she made clear on Twitter before she deleted her account, was because she said she was tired of what Taylor had been reduced to (a foil for Bridge with nothing outside of that) tired of the triangle and had zero faith a return would ever be different.

Brad recast the part, and changed nothing - he still made Taylor a speed bump basically on the road to boring Bridge and then had zero use for Taylor after that - the same lazy trash writing he has been giving the character for yearsssss. 

• Members

I think what finally killed the character is that bizarre aborted storyline of Brooke and Taylor's platonic love affair.

Taylor was, sorry, but... degraded by this storyline, since it told the viewer that even if a woman destroys your life... which Brooke did... do not make me go back in history, you can kiss her ass 30 years later and it's okay.

Ever since the OG Taylor was on the map in 1990, Brooke was messing with her relationship with Ridge. If you follow every misery in Taylor's life, it always leads back to the valley monster. So for Brooke to be a friends with Taylor is one THING, but for TAYLOR to tell Brooke she loves her, was TOO much. You should never forgive people that try to destroy you. You should never forgive someone who doesn't respect your marriage. Never.  

Then, I can only speculate, the strange rumors of the love relationship probably irritated Bradley or someone else in the production, and then as soon as Taylor and Brooke BROKE off their friendship

Please register in order to view this content

, it was like Taylor was just another of Brooke's exes that disappeared. We have seen plenty of those and it is a rule that if Brooke discards you on the show, you are pretty much written off soon or sleep with one of her relatives. 

I think the whole story is disturbing. A wonderful actress shines in a bad show, gets an Emmy nomination and is booted ASAP. Why? How is it possible that the show has no accountability? ZERO. Why isn't there a press release about this? Even if Krista was awful or she lies, how can we know when there isn't a word from the show? So, for now, their silence SPEAKS to her credibility.

Taylor had so much potential. I loved Hunter Tylo, but in all honesty, she wasn't playing Taylor with passion the last 10 years. Krista DID. Krista looked obsessed with her character, in a good way, and trying to improve Taylor, give her DEPT and make her more interesting. Maybe that is what angered them. That in the end she was WAY more creative than them. Krista just didn't fit into the lame Bridge/Tridge fiasco. She deserved way better.

In the beginning, her tense scenes with Sheila made me think that they will go in some dark path with Taylor, more psychological path. And it was shocking that they re-casted a 30 year old character, to REMAKE a 1992 storyline with Bridge and Tridge. WHO IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE has not seen AT LEAST 1 time this storyline? Bradley has done this pretty much every 2-3 years. There was the original 1991-1992 drama, then 1994-1996, then again 2001-2002, then again 2005, then again 2009-2011, and again and again and again.

So the idea that this new Taylor needed to be put back into the Drama that started in the Medieval... was sick. It makes me think this is some kind of pathology, that this person, a writer, is obsessed with this particular storyline and need to write it over and over again. Or maybe he is so talentless, he doesn't know better.

And it always goes like this.

2 WAYS OF THE TRIDGE/BRIDGE DRAMA

1. Tridge is together, but Ridge needs to support Brooke and be her saviour. Brooke always has a problem and a crisis, her child is sick, she is beaten by Stephanie, her house is on fire, her lingerie ripped and needs to be repaired, it is always SOMETHING. Taylor suffers and suffers, while the impending doom of Brooke seducing Ridge is staring her in the face. At first it always seems Ridge will choose Taylor, but with small exceptions, in the end Ridge always chooses Brooke. Taylor is booted.

2. Brooke and Ridge are happy and giddy, and then Brooke does something disgusting and scandalous. Ridge goes back to Taylor that literally is at the door with her suitcase 2 seconds after Ridge tells Brooke Logan, I can't do this anymore to Brooke saying I made a mistake. And even after Ridge goes back to Taylor, Brooke always manages to stop their wedding or something like that and Ridge chooses Brooke. Taylor is booted. 

Taylor has been constantly BOOTED even since coming back in 2005 and even before that. I think Bradley has some kind of beef with this character and just wants to destroy her. Maybe it's fun for him. Maybe he need to see a psychiatrist.

• Members

I don't hate Brooke. The character. She is entertaining. I LOVE KKL. The actress. She is my favorite on the show. BUT, yeah some people can hate a woman that slept with her daughter's husbands and had a child with one of them, who previously slept and married a father and his two sons. There is much to hate here. This is called a morally corrupted person or even mentally ill person, if someone like this exist in real life. 

• Members

Because, Bradley Bell has an idea for 2.5 seconds, uses you for that idea (if it's even his... *cough* Jacob Young *cough*) and then discards you like the trash he see's you as.

Pure class. I'd love to see her jump onto General Hospital as a recast Celia Quartermaine. De-aged, of course!

NGL, after decades of using Gilles Toucas, it's so nice seeing Howard Wise being used. Such a nice cast shot, though, most are unfamiliar to me.