B&B: Popular Actress OUT!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The questions are valid, but it's pretty clear why it is different.

Krista has spoken in a way that cannot be ignored. She hasn't said that... yeah it was parting ways... Like some other people did.. no,  she said it's strange how it all happened and how she was dropped pretty much after going on a new season shoot.

Do you people understand how vile this is? Imagine your boss including you in the new year photo to just eliminate you a day after. And without any explanation.

And.

After an Emmy nomination.

And.

After telling the press how he will go into another direction with your character.

And most importantly let me repeat, Krista is talking about it to major media, including People magazine. It smells of mistreatment and something bad, so it's important to talk about it and not let it die off.

Edited by OpportunisticSlut

• Members

On the morning of December 15 (same day as Emmys) the B&B instagram posted a video of B&B actors wishing their coworker B&B Emmy nominees good wishes.

(The Y&R ig account did the same with Y&R actors wishing their coworker Y&R nominees good wishes).

In each case, one or two actors were chosen/volunteered/allowed to speak encouragement to a nominee.

In this video Matt Atkinson was the one to wish Krista Allen good wishes.  I was wondering why he seemed so serious, now we know why.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C04snRFvIpt/

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I was editing my post while you posted. I added that in each case, only one or two actors were chosen/volunteered/allowed to speak encouragement to each nominee.  (the same was true for the Y&R video).  I don't know if more would have spoken up for Krista if given the opportunity.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

There are rumours that they wanted her for recurring and wanted her to only have 3 lines in an episode or something like that. I think one of the articles said that. I don't know if it's true or not. But it sounds pretty offensive to offer that to your Emmy nominated star.

• Members

I know that at least one article said that they offered her recurring & she declined. (The same was said about or by Rena with the same result.) I did not read anything about "3 lines" etc. I wonder if recurring status means something different at B&B than it does at either DAYS or GH. Plenty of people work on a recurring basis & always have. There's no question, though, that going from contract to recurring is in fact a demotion. 

Very nice. Thank you.