RIP: Tyler Christopher has passed

• Members

This is just devastating news. I loved him as Nikolas. I had such an instant crush on him as soon as he arrived on the show. He held his own right away with Genie, Tony, Stephen Nichols and Jonathan Jackson. His scenes with Genie were always so incredible back then, the complexity and subtext was always right there.

I have spent years hoping he would maintain his health and sobriety and live a happy life- even if we never saw him again onscreen.

I sincerely hope ABC/General Hospital has a grief counselor on set to help these folks. I can’t imagine, such a hard year.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What heartbreaking news. My mind raced back to the high school memory of my friend describing these scenes I'd missed after school that day. It took this tragedy for me to look them up after all these years. This mysterious handsome young man came to Port Charles and naturally my friend was immediately smitten, as if her crush on Lucky hadn't already consumed her enough. May he rest in peace.

• Members

I am very sorry to hear this news about Tyler. I enjoyed his version of Nikolas, he was definitely the best Nikolas. He had good chemistry with his co-stars especially his onscreen family. Particularly GF/Laura and NB/young Spencer.  I also enjoyed his chemistry with Lucky, including Greg Vaughan's lucky, Emily and Elizabeth. May he Rest in Peace.

• Members

Tyler will always be the definitive Nik in my book. Tyler played his scenes developing relationships with Laura and Lucky so well. He and Luke had an interesting dynamic over the years as well.

I'm so sad that we've lost another soap vet to mental health and addiction issues. He was in distress for so long. I wish someone or something could have gotten through to him before it was too late.

• Members

Tyler was in recovery despite a lot of pitfalls and stumbles over the last year. It sounds like his death was a result of the outstanding major medical issues he's discussed in recent years, which I assume also had some connection to his addictions.