RIP: Tyler Christopher has passed

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Given what Tyler came out with about his sister, I'm semi-inclined to believe his IG page... guess we'll find out when we're able to get in contact with the morgue. Overall, it's a damn sad situation overall.

Also... that obituary for the funeral home has to be one of the most unprofessional things written. I've read more professional, honourable ones for every day Joe's.

• Webmaster

I spoke with someone at Robinson Funeral Home, and they confirmed that donated money goes toward funeral costs and not directly to the family. In essence, when families are unable to pay for the services themselves, the funeral home provider includes a donate now button to help cover the cost of their services.

I thought this would be helpful information as we become aware of this increasingly unfortunate situation.

• Webmaster

Of course! We at least needed that part to be true. Anything otherwise would make me feel ill based on that Bloomberg interview.

Ultimately, I want us to hear that he was laid to rest per his wishes. Until then, all this infighting as shared on social media by his family or whoever is involved in his personal affairs is just disgusting.

I saw a post earlier, and I was appalled at how someone could speak ill of the dead, even if they were related. This is just too much info, IMO:

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I've found a way to message Maurice privately & have just done so. No idea, of course, how often he checks this. I just hope he knows what's true & what's not. Also, of course, hope he will reply, but that's not a sure thing. 

Does anyone know if I'm right that Maurice's wife Paula is both Mo's mgr & Tyler's mgr.? She's not. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

Well, I am leery of anyone who makes claims like this after the person has died & there's no way it can be verified. Plus, the misuse of the word "legacy". Tyler's legacy is his body of work, his children & his very great reputation as a person, NOT someone who is going to use his IG acct, etc. There shouldn't be active posting of an account of a deceased person. It's just wrong. Sure, maybe a few things to announce information to followers, but not an ongoing amount of traffic. I'm sad, angry, disgusted, ... 

• Webmaster

The word "legacy" in the context used is correct. Prior to one's death, Meta gives individuals the opportunity to allocate someone else to manage their social media accounts (Facebook/Instagram) in the event of their passing. This April person seemingly was that person designated by Tyler to do so.

I do agree that no one should be actively posting on a dead person's profile, especially posting without clarifying that they are doing so via a note of some sort on the post letting people know it is them posting. Other than this one supposedly final post, we didn't formally know who was managing the page(s) based on the two prior posts which added more fuel to the fire surrounding Tyler's contentious relationship with members of his family.