RIP: Tyler Christopher has passed

• Members

Rebecca Herbst has worked very closely with all of the actors who’ve passed this year (especially Sonya, Billy, and Tyler), as someone noted on another board. She’s so quiet on social media, but I wonder how she’s doing. They must be so drained having to post these remembrances. And John Reilly and Stuart Damon both passed not too long ago in 2021.

Jonathan Jackson has paid tribute:

Nancy Lee Grahn posted this clip on her IG:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

GH has been hard hit!

John Reilly d. Jan. 9, 2021

Stuart Damon d. June 29, 2021

Jay Pickett d. July 30, 2021

Lindsey Pearlman d. Feb. 18, 2022 GH Bartender Maggie McMorris

Sonya Eddy d. Dec. 9, 2022 (55)

Nneka Garland d. Mar 27, 2023 (47)

Jackie Zeman d. May 9, 2023 (70) (cancer)

Charles "Chip" Dox d. Aug. 15, 2023 (80)

Billy Miller d. Sept. 15, 2023 (43)

Craig Sjodin d. Sept. 15, 2023 (67) (bicycle accident injuries) GH Photog

Tyler Christopher d. Oct. 31, 2023 (50) cardiac event

Note: Nneka Garland Producer GH & the bartender at the Savoy is named N'neka in honor of her.

@BingCherry     Everyone's been saying to go see Kimberly McCullough's IG but I hadn't found the time & you've made it possible & easy & it moves me so. Thank you so much for posting that. A friend told me that I (and we) better be practicing self-care. That helped me. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

in addition to the losses of cast and crew mentioned above,
the 'family' of GH lost Kristina and Jack Wagner's son Harrison in June 2022.
He too struggled with substance issues.

My heart goes out to Kristina Wagner now, it's all so much.  She has been advocating for love and kindness, now I'm sending it her way.

• Members

Yes, it is sad. And that's just GH. If we look at the whole soap community approximate numbers of deaths for the past few years it's something like 2021/25 deaths, 2022/28 deaths & 2023 so far/25 deaths & in that time we also experienced the pandemic. It's really been a rough time. 

• Webmaster

According to TMZ, a friend discovered Tyler after entering his apartment with a key that they had been previously been given since they hadn't heard from him. The person soon after found Tyler already dead in his bedroom and called 911. TMZ claims to have sources who've told them that "it appeared he had been dead for some time." 

When they say "some time," they don't speculate or specify, likely because a coroner's report needs to be filed and toxicology tests need to be run. As of now, it's unclear when (date) Tyler officially died.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/11/01/general-hospital-tyler-christopher-dead-dies-friend-found-at-home/

• Members

Well, we'll know when the coroner rules. But, it will be a thing. Right now it is easy to find where some people list Anne Heche's death as Aug. 12th when it was Aug. 11th. 

You know what I wish. I'm sure some might not find this worthy. But, I wish we knew who has Tyler's dog. I noticed him in the background of a Tyler pic & he was so devoted to him, ... and he is missing Tyler something awful. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
combine 2 posts

• Members

That's sad. I didn't see any of the obituaries mention that he had been under conservatorship for a brain injury, and suing his sister for misuse of funds: https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law-week/general-hospital-star-mired-in-off-screen-guardianship-drama

Whatever happened with the money, and she of course alleges there was no impropriety, Tyler's friends and family must be wondering if he may still be alive had he had still had a guardian to get him help right away.

Please register in order to view this content