Y&R November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And all the drama sucked the life out of it. Had JG written any of that, Olivia would’ve slapped Keesha and then left town never to be seen again, Brad and Nikki saying “oops we made a one time mistake we won’t do it again!” and as for Matt’s shooting I can see it now….

”Nick tells Sharon it’s time to end this drama, so he arranges for him, Sharon, Matt, and Amy to meet at Crimson Lights. There is a moment where it doesn’t seem Sharon will come, but she shows up dramatically late last minute with great great reluctance. Matt profusely apologizes to Sharon and will turn himself in for the rape…Sharon hesitates…but she forgives him, but thinks lots of therapy and time away from Genoa City will do him better as jail time is bad. Amy agrees to the same thing after apologizing for shooting Matt to which  Matt agrees he deserved it. The four toast to new beginnings and Nick & Sharon wish them well to both a grateful Matt & Amy. Doris, who has been eavesdropping, rolls in and expresses her happiness of seeing the four of them grow up into mature adults”.

• Members

It is nice to see Chris & Nina on the show, but Phyllis (and Stafford) make me hate watching when she's on.  The character is beyond redemption and the actress is just to campy for my liking.  I'm considering not recording Y&R anymore and just read the Canadian spoilers.

• Members

I realize the Nate fan club is small because he's done so many shady things.

But I still don't understand the "You go, Victor!!" posts from people so happy that he fired Nate. None of that story made any sense to me.

As a doctor, wasn't Nate thinking of what was best for Victor? Wasn't he thinking more like a doctor than a guy wanting to take over a company? And what would have been Nate's move to support Victor?

Victor set Nate up -- completely. Isn't that a more dangerous and pathetic move for a CEO, not forgetting the fact that he put his family through all this?

We're supposed to see Victor as a man on top of his game, but instead, Josh Griffith painted him as a guy who should be put away.

• Members

I just got to Victor firing Nate and I’m truly at a loss for words. Nate used his previous medical experience to create a plan of action for Victor’s health and he instead fires him? Couldn’t he have just fired Nate months ago instead of putting his children through this? This is definitely one of the stupidest Victor stories in awhile. He’s just sitting in his office yelling at his family for worrying about him. Just rest the rest whole Newman clan at this point.

Also Abby was on the same episode and she has no idea anything could’ve potentially been wrong with her dad and none of her siblings bothered to tell her. 

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

They just want to recycle the whole Victor is omnipotent trope from years gone by.

To accomplish that everybody else has to look like an idiot and pretend they haven't been screwed over a million times and not learned a thing.

At least they finally retired Victor v Jack.

Same with Phyllis. Nobody should trust her to take out the garbage let alone work/scheme or simply be around her.

• Members

First of all this Billy/Kyle rivalry is putting the YOUNG back in Young and the Restless.

Second of all...I wanted to say this before but watching it play out so are we going to have Ashley be Tucker and Tucker be Ashley now that she's back in town. As in they switched roles in the storyline. Cuz it was Tucker coming after Ashley and Ashley making him prove himself and getting the upper hand on him along the way before falling for him. Cuz...meh. Though I love their chemistry.

And now...11-2...

...and I LIKED it. But what stands out for me was really all the camera angles through out. Highlights was Christine and Phyllis in the park and how they were angled in such a different way than they usually are. And then the end when Phyllis asks Danny out for dinner, and the camera swoops in on Christine's entrance. And if looks could kill look on Phyllis. 

And the flashbacks worked for me because I see big hair Cricket and giggle a bit since I was not around or old enough to watch. And every Phyllis vs Christine flashback was GOLD. I used to like their scenes like that. And it goes without saying the writing was better because they both went IN. 

Now if they are going to get scenes like THAT, I would be down for the Phyllis/Danny/Christine triangle coming back...which is where it appears to be going...

• Members

Glad to know others think Nate was poorly treated and that this story makes no sense.

And while I read that again, Eric Braeden must be happy that Victor wins and is in charge, I don't see this as a victory for the character OR the actor.

How is it a win for Braeden if Victor acts like a nutjob to make something happen? If Victor rearranges the names on the exec office doors for the 4th time in a year? That is not a character who knows what the hell he's doing.

• Members

I feel like Braeden at this point doesn’t care anymore if it’s logical or not but he definitely refuses to have Victor stripped of any of his power. I bet the original intent was really for Victor to have dementia, but EB probably stepped in as he always does, because that obviously would have to weaken the character a lot and you know how that makes Braeden feel….He just wants to be in charge and nobody behind the scenes has the courage to stand up to him and say: “No Eric, we are doing it this way if you don’t like it…well there’s the door…” 

• Members

I agree with everything about EB and Victor. It was excruciating to watch!

I have come to love Devon. His scenes with Nate were hard to watch because he was being so loving and Nate was acting as though he was the one scorned. I get that Nate was reeling from the Victor situation but it was hard to watch.

I love the way that Danny is handling Phyllis. She is entirely over the top. But he cannot be with her 24/7 so surely she is going to blow sooner or later. I'm no fan of Christine but I like the way they are doing the scenes of Phyllis/Danny juxtaposed with Christine/Danny.

Connor Floyd is gorgeous.

• Members

How does everyone feel about Summer and Chance? I think the show actually did okay building them up. They've been becoming friends since Phyllis faked her death. But, Sharon being included just weirds me out. Summer is the product of an affair your husband had, they're pictures of Sharon holding a baby Summer. now, They're fighting over a man??

Also, Sharon is obviously going to lose anyways. She and Chance had backroom sex at the coffeehouse and maybe two dates. One interrupted.

Please register in order to view this content