Y&R November 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Toups pinned this topic
  • Errol featured this topic
  • Members

That was the first thing that came to mind, especially after reading a spoiler about 

Please register in order to view this content

And in the past few weeks I’ve gotten very selective with what I will watch on the DVR even more so than usual, especially with having to FF through the recent Newman family dreck.

• Members

Watching(skimming) through todays ep I am puzzled by some of the staging.

Billy is in the park and Chelsea appears. Then they are chatting at CL. 

Why not have Chelsea simply appear at CL while Billy is there?

Nick/Victoria confront Victor at his office. He then leaves with Nate. Nate and Victor then chat in the park. Seems an odd choice. Why not have Victor stay in the office-seems more appropriate. Nick/Victoria could go to the park or appear at CL -Billy/Chelsea have already adjourned to bed.

Nick/Victoria talk to Adam at the GCAC lobby area and then chat at GCAC.

Meanwhile Mariah and Cole chat at Society. Their convo goes on throughout the ep while other characters have moved on to new locales. Must have been a very long catchup for Mariah/Kyle. Billy appears -he's already had chats with Chelsea at the park/at CL and a sex romp upstairs.

It seems like a lot of these scenes may be taped on different days. The scene is written and then takes place at whatever set is available that day.

Otherwise the choice of sets seems weird.

• Members

I watched. Lots of Danny and Nina flashbacks with Cricket. Some with Phyliss and one with Michael and a few with Paul. 

Doug Davidson screwed up! He could've been a part of it in person.

First full episode of YR I've seen in a while. 

Funny Esther was in it serving coffee at crimson lights wearing the same outfit she had on BB and Lauren the same and no mention of LA instead Lauren said she had been with Michael and Gloria.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

The furthest back was Nina and Cricket from 1988 after Chance was home from the hospital. There were some clips of Danny and Cricket around 1990, but then basically nothing until the 2000s. There were two clips from the other day...

I missed that Esther was wearing the same outfit from LA, LOL! That moment should have been an opportunity to show a Cricket/Kay clip.

I truly don't know what LLB thought was in this episode that made it different. It was a typical Y&R episode of characters wandering through the park, coffeehouse, and jazz club, plus old clips (thankfully in color). Same format we've been seeing where they run into someone or talk about someone and then show clips of that person. I still think Nikki's episode was by far the best, because it was her alone reflecting, not this formula. You would think Cricket would have reflected on her first day as a lawyer, or the cases she did, her mom dying of AIDS, being raped or sexually harassed, but it was more about setting up a new contrived triangle with Phyllis and Danny.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Somehow, Paul will probably turn his appearance on the show into a Twitter rant.  

I didn't think the episode was anything very spectacular or unique.  But I did enjoy the final scene.  Nothing too dramatic, rushed, or "climactic", just two folks who've know each other for 40 years chilling in a way they've often done in the past.