Y&R September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It definitely seems like a fun start with a bit of mystery of Mamie’s motives are. Definitely enjoyed the Nate and Mamie scenes as well, definitely filling that desperately needed empty void for Nate, Devon, and Lily.

The B&W flashbacks are annoying, but at least the two 1995 ones Mamie had kept the original classic music intact. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

9-21

Yeah, the start of this secret buyer story has been intriguing. And I am going to assume it's really Mamie and silently cheer. 

I continue to love to see Nikki in Boss mode. It was a rush to see her stay with her heel on Kyle and Audra's necks. I have no sympathy for Kyle at the moment so Team Nikki on that cuz...justified or not...he's been a prick since the breakup from Summer. And as for Audra...she shouldn't have started with Nikki at their dinner so I enjoyed Nikki wiping the smirk right off of Audra's face. 

I give credit where credit is due. I did like Phyllis figuring out the company Tucker was after and turning the screws to him. 

I am sad to see Jack and Billy falling out. I can't believe how this double agent story with Billy is going. And I wish Ashley was around, but it is what it is. 

Angry Victor was LOVE. I'm over whiny Victoria, too.

• Members

Very true. But it's been a minute since Billy and Jack have been on the outs when I've been watching. Usually it's Jack and Ashley. And I admit I have loved that through most of the current Abbott drama, Billy has been playing the straight man to it all versus being in the drama or the cause of said drama, which made it refreshing for me. 

• Members

An older person losing their menttal capabilities isnt funny at all. But, This Victoria stuff makes me laugh her trying to make it look like Victors senile. I'm surprised EB hasn't made a comment on it. If it were Mal Young doing this he would be all over social media calling for his head.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Abbott family drama will always be ten times better for me than any old Newman drama, and that’s been especially true ever  since Diane’s return last year. 

I again with you that Billy playing straight man has been a good change of pace and makes the character a lot more tolerable. It’s also very refreshing to see Billy back in the Jabot mix as opposed to being isolated to his podcasting career and being Chelsea’s protector.