Y&R September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know a lot of people want Chance with Summer, but I'm not seeing it. She just doesn't seem mature enough for him.

I'm curious as to what you mean about bringing Abby/Devon into that equation. Why would they have anything to do with Summer and Chance's relationship? It's not as if Chance has much at all to do with Dominick.

• Members

Honestly does Victor care about his kids at all? This has gotten so freaking old. And he really is just doing random [!@#$%^&*] right now out of boredom.

Can the Abbott siblings ever all love eachother at the same time?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

What's up with all the flash-backs?  Jeeze-Louise!. For the past couple of weeks, it seems there are four or five flash-backs per episode.  Typically there might be one a month.   I can say for sure, the audience does not need flashbacks to put current scenes into context.  We aren't children, and we don't need to be spoon-fed the story.  Does anyone know why this is happening?  It's ridiculous.  Maybe just lazy writing??  

• Members

If Newman was a real company I would be highly concerned with all the constant CEO swapping going on lol. 

Once again the highlight of the week for was Audra moving her moves, this time discarding Kyle like yesterday’s old newspaper. But I have a feeling we’re far from seeing the end of Kyle and Audra just a yet.

The writers strike essentially made JG (who already was a very lazy writer) a one man show and the constant flashbacks have been occurring since the strike material hit the air. What makes these recent flashbacks odd is them being shown in some faux art house black and white style form. Ridiculous indeed as I haven’t seen this many flashbacks since the Reilly 2.0 era at Days. 

The Y&R writing staff had been hacked down to the bare minimum right before the strike, so we’re probably stuck with. 

• Members

Audra tends to be the highlight of the show. I would LOVE for them to explore more of her backstory.

A lot of it has to do with the actress, of course. She's able to elevate the material to something far better than what's written. Just her eyes and facial expressions alone convey so much. I love how she just dumped Kyle, but I, too, suspect that they're not completely over yet.

• Members

9-18

Well, I knew it was coming, but I can't say I didn't dislike the Adam/Sally kiss.

Ooooo at Victor and the portrait. That said, outside of Nikki being in Boss Mode, I am not feeling the Newman storylines right now. But it could be that it's in a constant state of repeat. I almost wish that Victoria would do a power move a la what she did with Ashland to get the money back...but I know, I know...WRONG Victoria. And already there are cracks in her relationship with Nate.