Y&R September 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I was going to post this pic. Their rivalry will heat up again. I loved seeing Mamie again but they need to stop recycling the same scripts with Jack seeing Mamie.

The actual story would've been great but it's so rushed. Devon and Lily know about Mamie. There could've been some great build-up to the reveal. Jill still doesn't know but still....

• Members

I definitely enjoy the "Abbott-centric" episodes way more than the Newman ones which tend to just be retreads on who's taking over what company and Victor wagging his finger at his children.

Still enjoying Esther being sassy at the coffeehouse. She should be the town's new gossip hound.

• Members

I was a fan of Billy and Phyllis at least for what they were 2016-17 between JT and GT, so I feel that’s what his best work was and I didn’t mind JT with CK at all, much better than anything he’s done with AH. 

Billy as a character has been gutted. Rest in peace but BM’s final 2-3 years were horrible and I couldn’t stand him when he left. Letting DT go again was inexcusable. BJ was totally miscast. Somehow JT has been the one to balance out by just being marginally better.

• Members

As much as I dislike JT in the role, he’s had moments of extraordinary work as Billy. Even the isolated stuff with suicidal Chelsea/MCE on the roof (an ill-advised plot that went nowhere, even though it was sold as this deep PSA dive into depression) was affecting. He’s a really strong actor. He’s just miscast and the writing hasn’t done him any favors. I can’t imagine even Billy Miller at his best selling the podcast stuff and the weird Jekyll/Hyde nonsense (granted, some of that bad writing may have happened because he was so miscast, but then again, all of Y&R’s cast has suffered in recent years).

• Members

So happy we’re getting JW in person as Jill instead of more cell phone calls.

I personally have no issues with JT as Billy. He does the best with the material that’s given to him. I never saw the teen years of Billy and the longest Billy I saw before JT was Billy Miller who honestly was hit or miss for me. 

• Errol unpinned this topic