General Hospital: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wow.  That's sad.  Nic has such great hair.  I guess this casting partly explains why he got all bulked up.  I bet he auditioned for other parts, too.  Ryan Murphy shows are so soapy good (like Feud) and/or funny (like Scream Queens), so I'm sure I'll enjoy it (though the Dahmer series was too creepy for me, so I hope this one's more like the Versace series).  Sad to see him go, but those Spencer-Dex-Trina-Joss scenes today were terribly acted with them fighting and laughing/smirking at the same time.  So un-serious.  I thought they were going to at least reveal the characters were just putting on a show for somebody to scam some information, but it ended up being pointlessly true (in a bad way).  Spencer & Trina's fight over the same thing for the umpteenth time was lame.  I'm rooting for Esme to get her man back now based on the final Spencer shirtless scene.

Please register in order to view this content

I did like the song that played in the episode.  Anyone know the name or who's singing it?

Any guesses on who Martin's ex's are going to be played by?  Hopefully it's a fun stunt casting.  Maybe Catherine Hickland should make her GH debut.

And are they ever going to bring Tonja Walker back?  Hopefully it's her character working with Tracy or Selina Wu to take over Deception and take down Sonny.

She does not look like the daughter of Kristina Wagner (who has aged beautifully) and Jack Wagner, at all.  But if they're going to keep this actress, they just need to lean into it with no apologies:  amp up the Drag Queen make up and hair & turn Maxie into Sally Spectra already!

• Members

I felt like Darlene Conley was flatteringly styled as Sally, even as she was meant to be a caricature. There's nothing similar here. 

Maxie should have been written out a decade ago. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I just hope NC doesn't join Murphy's assembly line of handsome young actors he wants to fcuk. It's nice job security but I'd hate to see him pigeon-holed in the FX cabal for the next decade as one of the interchangeables.

I hate that they've already setup Esme as a romantic spoiler for Sprina. They've been dating for a MONTH. And haven't actually gone on a single date. And they're no closer to having sex than they were 2 years ago. If Spencer and Esme have angry sex I'm gonna be pissed. Spencer and Trina have plenty to contend with without that.

The lighting lately is atrocious, every set is so brightly lit. It's like blinding.

Is Nina's thing going to be lying to men with amnesia?

The entire town wringing their hands over Drew's prison sentence is...just the most slanted writing I've seen in quite some time. We have all of Port Charles crying "Injustice!" over Drew going away for a financial crime he committed. This is a punishment of his own making! And it's not when a character goes to jail for murdering someone evil, they don't have morality on their side, they made purely selfish decisions and now I'm supposed to feel sorry for them? I hope he dies in prison.

Carly's 5 million penalty means nothing.

1) If Carly can be fined 5 million dollars by the government and has the liquid cash to pay that it becomes of no real punishment. It's a substantial amount of money but she can afford it. 

2) It won't change her quality of life in any way. We won't see Carly clipping coupons, buying in bulk at Costco, asking Josslyn to get a part-time job to help with the bills.

3) Carly has two multi-millionaire ex-husbands, one of whom she shares a minor child with and even if she didn't he could easily and would happily give her a few million.

So tell me, what was the point of giving Carly that penalty?

Edited by Darn

• Members

Good for him! I wonder why Murphy didnt do this or Dahmer under the brand of American Crime Story on FX. I'm also surprised that they are revisiting the story when Law and Order True Crime did a pretty decent job of tackling the Menendez brothers trial.

I was hoping American crime story would cover one of (or both of) the Michael Jackson trials.

• Members

Sonny was channeling his inner Dr. Marlena Evans today. I wonder if real mob bosses ever act like therapists for their family and friends 

Please register in order to view this content

I really hope they keep this Portia/Curtis/Jordan/Zeke situation going. I actually find it really interesting. I felt it kind of lost its momentum after Curtis and Portia's wedding and this could be the thing that starts it back up again.

As for Spencer/Esme, that's a big HELL NO!!!!

Again, this show. The choices that they make. They had a great spoiler for Sprina in Rory, and they killed him off. Esme is not a good spoiler for them. Never has, never will be. They want to play up Spencer as being angry and pissed off at the world, have him find out about the role that Joss played in Britt's death. That could be a great storyline and great conflict for Sprina. And this isn't even my hatred of Joss talking. Logically, that's makes much more sense than Spencer doing anything with Esme. 

• Members

hEHE.

But now that I think about it...or it's been mentioned...yeah Sprina really have not gone on a date on screen from where I'm viewing nor had sex. But I guess I've been blinded by just having them together and around each other and (most importantly) kissing all over the place. Just glad to have them.

As far as him with Esme...NO. They have enough drama with the contents in Victor's box that I'm sure Spencer really didn't destroy and now that that writers are getting around to it...PORTIA. Heck, it's a good idea to have Portia branch out anyway. Excellent actress. Love quad going on now. And Mother Mode going on with her daughter. AND a nurse. Sprina don't need another spoiler. Just a speed up in the writing if anything.