General Hospital: June 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I like the idea of Esme, a spoiled heiress with worldly knowledge, but I agree that her amnesia and constant entanglement with Spencer is getting tired.  There's so much potential in her backstory that I would like to see explored.  And she's a perfect candidate for a grifter duo, pair her with another con and let them snark and scheme for a while.

Unpopular opinion (maybe?), but that baby is an albatross for the character's potential, and they need to find some way to get rid of it.  Teen parenting is not the vibe I'm looking for in my escapist soaps. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

bc American Horror Story isnt a great brand, especially in recent seasons. Tying this to that wouldnt have helped it and in fact would have hurt it. People also would have felt AHS fatigue especially since there is another spinoff going. There's also the fact that this isnt a horror show. AHS leans into the supernatural nad sci-fi and Monster is firmly rooted in reality without the fictionalization that AHS does when it loosely uses real life figures. Monster felt so different to the point that people didnt realize it was a Ryan Murphy show

• Errol unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • Members

6-27

Ha! I knew Spencer didn't destroy that evidence against Esme. I mean...DUH!!! And of course Joss would point Trina right at him for keeping it to himself. So here is Esme's presence again being a spoiler for Sprina. I do admit that I didn't get any romantic vibes from the scenes of Spencer/Esme together except yes, it was abrupt to see Spencer not being hostile to her for once.

I'm already been over Anna's new storyline. And I'm still over it. She's ANNA DEVANE. No need for her to be doing Black Widow's arc from CA: WINTER SOLDIER. Though I loved how beautiful FH's dark hair was.

Portia already knows about Curtis/Jordan? Hmm...too soon? I continue to love Zeke's arrival in PC because it appears to be shaking things up. And with a job to boot. 

Ms. Wu is always making an entrance!!! And thank God she put an end to this Cody/Gladys thing.  Though Gladys in Ms. Wu's debt continues to get legs with that reveal about the doctor over Sasha's case. That said...Ms. Wu is truly getting set up for another nemesis for Sonny which is sad given how that tends to go. 

Speaking of nemesis...too many on this show in the shadows now.