The Young and the Restless: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I love Mamie. I love Jill.

But god that scene was painful. Mamie’s line delivery missed the mark. The back and forth had a bad cadence. The music did nothing to help. 

Old school Y&R would have played some sentimental music to lull the audience into thinking there would have been a detente. The cameras would have been a close-up, so you could see deeply into each characters reaction. And when Mamie delivered her closing line, the music would have shifted, and the camera would have focused on her face into a fade to black. 

This was a moment we have waited for for decades. It was treated like a throw away scene. 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That was a fun interview and fun group of people they gathered for this! CLB definitely dominated most of the interview though, which isn't a surprise. MCE seemed a little out of place when JT left, but I'm glad she's fascinated with the show's history and stories that were shared. 

• Members

Re the Paul reference. They had to explain why he was not there and that made some sense. Having him retire means that there is no need to mention him in police/crime stories.

Christine can keep popping up with no real need to mention Paul. so for now the bases are covered. If fences are mended Paul can easily reappear.

Speaking of police will Chance suddenly decide a la Nate to give up police work and enter the business world? Josh wants all his character involved in family or business stories.

• Members

Has Jill had scenes with him? Nina is back so obviously he will appear then

There is still drama to be mined from the Abby/Chance breakup. Instead like so much other stuff, it's swept under the rug and forgotten. Maybe Chance decides he wants to try again with Abby? That would create some conflict/drama.

Is there anyone else on the canvas that Chance could hook up with? They seem to be hinting at Sharon for a minute.

I would hate to see Chance dropped.

• Members

Today's episode was unfortunately a letdown.

Josh Griffith script was awful.

Why was Ashley barely seeing Mamie?

Mamie came off petty during her scenes with Jill.

Mamie , Nate and Lily scenes were rushed and too short.

ED over acting during the Leanna Love scenes weren't good.

I could go on.

The best part was Tucker's sarcastic line....This is a lot of fun.

Please register in order to view this content

. That's how I felt about the episode.