50TH DAYTIME EMMYS (2023) Any Guesses?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What a weird message. She calls it a "huge misunderstanding" when the age rules are clear. She also says SHE'S rescinding her nomination, when that just isn't true. The nomination was pulled from her.

I'm not trying to pile on, but that cringe message doesn't help her.

I do also fault those in charge for not catching the age error before any voting took place for nominations.

• Members

Given these nominees, I don’t understand why they have a Younger performer category. Actors below the age of 21 haven’t been valued on soaps for years. Just get rid of the category entirely and let the best young actors (like NAC) compete with the adults.

That said, what a mess. 

I agree. Don’t they have some sort of verification process for these nominees? A photo ID or birth certificate? Lol. There couldn’t be more than 10 actors eligible, so I can’t imagine it would that daunting a process to confirm ages. Unless there’s some fraud involved…

• Members

I was getting the impression perhaps VG or her people were lying about her age?  I have no idea, but it's difficult to find her age online and her IMDB (I know-it's the internet) has projects listed for her as far back as 2003.  My apologies to Victoria if this was all a misunderstanding, but it does seem a bit suspect. 

• Members

Yeah, I am not trying to be mean or create a scandal over this.  I like VG/Wendy just fine, but you would think in a category that had age limits there would be a place to fill out your birthdate and it would have to match an ID at some point.   I have no idea how the whole process works really, but pretty much everything you have to fill out in life asks for your birthdate lol.   

• Members

Aren't they though?  I don't think it was anything sinister.  I just think maybe VG is older than the casting call for Wendy, she or her agent lied about her age, she got the job and no one cared, but then someone submitted her for the emmy in the "age" she said she was, and then she randomly got nominated and it got found out.  It's not an uncommon thing to do in Hollywood, but multiple people just bungled the process along the way and I don't expect the actual actress to know the evolving daytime emmy rules for this category.