50TH DAYTIME EMMYS (2023) Any Guesses?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Melissa Claire Egan seems like a lock for Chelsea’s suicidal scenes on Y&R (and probably Jason Thompson getting another nod). Can’t say it wouldn’t be deserving looking at those scenes alone, even though the story hasn’t really lived up to its promise.

Nicholas Chavez (Spencer, GH) will probably repeat, as he’s had a lot of good work in the past year.

• Members

Agreed With Both of YOU! I wonder if Amelia Heinle would get a Nod since she was pretty important last year, even if I can't think of any scenes in specific, maybe the Victoria/Ashland Break Up, I wish Sharon Case had better material last year, her richest moment was Rey's Death, but I don't think she got to do very much with that, Same with Michelle Stafford but I Think Susan Walters has A Chance, And Melissa Ordway, I guess she also had some Nod-Worthy Scenes this year.

On B&B, KKL might get a Nod as Supporting Actress for The Bridge Break Up, or stuff like that, Kimberlin Might also get a Nod, JMW obviously, Annika for her Confrotation With Thomas, Krista was a Good revelation! Unfortunately the men aren't as Rich my guess would either Tanner And Matthew getting nods

On DAYS AND GH, I DUNNO!

• Members

Remember that Younger Performer Age Guidelines are changing again this year to a max age of 18:

This was in 2021:

Younger Performer in defining Young Adult content and Younger Performer categories in other genres, the Daytime Emmys will be gradually changing the parameters for entry into this category. The current eligibility is for performers on a Drama Series who are under the age of 25. This will be the final year (2021) in which age 25 is the cut-off. Next year (2022) it will be lowered to 21 and for 2023, it will be lowered again to 18. Additionally, Younger Performer entrants are permitted to enter this category an infinite number of times while they are under 18, but once they turn 18, they are permitted to enter only three times before being moved to either Lead or Supporting. Being age-qualified to enter Younger does NOT mean an entrant is required to. Lead and Supporting acting categories are also open to performers under the age of 25.

https://theemmys.tv/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/daytime-emmys-whats-new-in-daytime.pdf

Edited by jcar03

• Members

This is the 2023 schedule ...

FEBRUARY 1 - Open for Submissions
FEBRUARY 21 - Open for Judging Sign Ups
FEBRUARY 28 - Early Entry Deadline
MARCH 7 - Final Entry Deadline
MARCH 20 - APRIL 10 - Judging
MID-APRIL - Nominations Announcement
MAY 1 - Gratis Credit Changes Deadline
JUNE 16 - Daytime Emmys Ceremony
JUNE 17 - Daytime Emmys Lifestyle & Creative Arts Ceremony

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

From Y&R -- Melissa Claire Egan(Chelsea), Jason Thompson(Billy)

From DAYS -- Billy Flynn(Chad), Greg Vaughan(Eric), 

From GH -- Rebecca Herbst(Elizabeth), Cynthia Watros(Nina), Maura West(Ava), Nicholas Alexander Chavez(Spencer), Tabyana Ali(Trina), Brook Kerr(Portia),Jon Lindstrom (Kevin & Ryan), Allly Mills(Heather), Avery Pohl(Esme), maybe Maurice Benard(Sonny), Adam Huss(Nicholas), Laura Wright(Carly). 

Edited by David_Vickers

• 5 weeks later...