B&B January 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

That's the main issue, the corners. Reforming her into michevous woman trying to maintain sanity, rather than outright criminally insane allows her to be on long term. The spiked champagne or tampering with Bridget's paternity is a good mischievous act. Shooting Stephanie or Taylor or Finn and Steffy in plane sight require immediate ramifications. Had Sheila been wearing a mask while shooting the latter, she would be free of her writing corner.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They should have left it at Bill pretending to go along with Sheila until he had a chance to securely turn her in. It would have made much more sense and given Bill a chance to "redeem" himself by doing something good for Brooke and Katie since they are threatened by Sheila.

But, doing a Sheila/Bill pairing for real is stupid...unless they write both of them off into the sunset. I'm tired of both characters. 

The show desperately needs a couple of new characters to switch things up. (Yes, I know. They would just end up brief flashes on the canvas but I'd take that over the repetitiveness we have right now). 

• Members

This is true. I binged some of the early episodes and the only one I recall where Sr + Brooke had words was at a party at Forrester house. I got the sense that Sr. appreciated that Brooke was there for Caroline. Perhaps, it wasn't explicit, but that would be the reason Sr. couldn't ever hate Brooke.

The great thing about B&B is that if the $B/Sheila chemistry story flatlines, the show will quickly end it. Sheila will have her freedom and leave town.

The $B/Sheila scenes have very Goth vibes - almost something from Dark Shadows or Edge of Night. It's quite unusual for B&B, which has made it interesting to watch. Plus, KB has been given pure dramatic material without the hysteria, lunacy and screaming. Cool, calculating and manipulative Sheila is a far better watch.

I get some viewers hating Sheila and wanting her gone. But without her, what exactly does the show have to offer in its current state? Quinn was basically a less lethal Sheila, but with RS gone, it's a pretty boring canvas.

• Members

Exactly. That's the biggest issue when Sheila gets written into extremism. A better story would've been for Steffy to align herself with Sheila after she discovered the Brooke 'why did I drink' scheme to break up Ridge and Brooke. Ironically, they ended up doing that - with Thomas, but pretty much ruined Thomas to get there.

But all of these Sheila-related stories did boost the ratings last year, which is the goal. Perhaps, Brad really does know what the average B&B viewer wants.

• Members

That would've been the better story. I was hoping Brad was going to start a relationship with Li and Bill since they had befriended each other after helping her recover from Sheila's attempt at killing her. But of course, Brad zags when he should've zigged.

I wish Brad would bring back Mary or Diana; it's insane that Sheila's other children aren't on canvas except for Finn, who has the least in terms of knowing this woman. Imagine Mary as a forensic psychologist hired by the LAPD to help track down her mother, or Diana coming to town when Massimo dies, leaving her wealthy. Sheila could have used her desire to reunite her family to try to force a relationship. 

Well, according to Brad, we're getting new characters, but knowing him, his attention span won't make them compelling for long.

I was hoping Sheila would've found out about Steffy's pill addiction and used that against her to paint her as a "bad mother" so Finn would be forced to raise both children, meaning he would need help, causing Sheila to have to be there while Steffy is away in rehab, though she suspects Sheila contributed to her relapse.