Days: December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Usually, I’m not a fan of cockblocking but I’m totally here for Chad doing it to Stephanie and Alex. He should’ve brought the kids with him and had a family bonding moment with her right in front of Alex

Please register in order to view this content

I see they’re trying to make Alex the good guy by having him not being upset with Chad, but we all know it’s too little too late.

As for Will and Sonny, their scenes might as well have been copy and pasted from Beyond Salem, only with the roles reversed. I almost expected Will to sucker punch Leo. 

What has happened to Sonny? Zach Tinker was a breath of fresh air when he first came on, one of the biggest reasons being was that you could tell that his Sonny really and truly loved Will. This is not Sonny. Zach’s been wasted on a horrible storyline that NOBODY wants. If he did walk, I honestly don’t blame him. 

I’m sure every single person on this board could come up with a better storyline for Sonny than what we’re seeing right now. 

Yep

In 1993, when I was 1. You would think that TV would be less restrictive now than it was when I was a baby

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can help but think if DAYS was a UK soap the Will/Sonny/Chad story would be a major front burner. When confronted with the amazing chemistry between Zack, Chandler and Billy Flynn and combining the complex deep-rooted history all three characters shares with one another, a smart writer and producer would be exploiting that for storylines. The scenario is so good and complicated it could literally write itself. Here you have Chad mourning the death of his wife. He turns to his best friend for comfort and emotional support. As he's getting that comfort, much to his surprise, he's beginning to develop feelings towards Sonny. Feelings that he finds strange but not that all discomforting despite the fact he very much regards himself as straight. At first Sonny is oblivious but soon he becomes aware of it. At first Sonny tries to be rational about the situation, saying that Chad is only having these feelings towards him because of his loneliness. But as time goes on and Chad's feelings become stronger, Sonny begins crumbling, especially b/c he himself is feeling a sense of loneliness with Will being gone. Not to mention there has always been this playful, non-threatening platonic sexual tension between Chad and Sonny. Now that Chad seems to be having feelings for Sonny it's no longer non-threatening nor platonic. It's becoming very real, and it isn't long before both men are exploring their feelings emotionally and just as they are about to explore it physically, that's when Will shows up. And seeing how well Will knows his husband and his best friend, it doesn't take him long to figure out what's going on between them. Of course he's going to feel hurt and betrayed and naturally he's going to fight for his marriage. But at the same time, Will is surprisingly overcome with feelings of jealousy - jealousy that Chad would somehow prefer Sonny over him. And that is just scratching the surface. The complications of this storyline could easily be played out for months

• Members

This is great and I even suggested the same thing a while back.

A Spanish soap opera is currently doing this except the guy mourning is gay and has just lost his boyfriend. His best friend from childhood has been there for him. He had a girlfriend who did him wrong but got pregnant. He is now a single dad and has developed feelings for his childhood friend who he's considered a brother. He hasn't revealed his feelings to him but a new guy has appeared showing interested in the gay friend. 

The two childhood friends have kissed but the gay guy was so drunk he doesn't remember it. He also kissed him on his death bed when he thought he was losing him due to attempted suicide.

• Members

Finally caught up on the show. 

The John Aniston tribute brought a tear to my eye. Can’t believe Victor’s final scenes revolve around stupid Leo.

Speaking of stupid, Sonny suddenly being best friends with his former abuser and accuser to the detriment of his marriage and job is STUPID. I do agree though that Sonny should’ve brought up Ben because that was [!@#$%^&*] stupid too.

• Members

What made it worse was that it was totally inaccurate, there were no shades of Julia whatsoever.

I've only been a faithful DOOL viewer for a few years now, but I was fighting back tears at Mr. Aniston's tribute. The power of soap opera.

I admit it, Alex got a couple of points from me for being selfless with Chad. But I almost immediately took my points back because I feel like this will all be used against Chad in the future to make him look ungrateful and Alex sympathetic.

• Members

Also Leo is too young (and too short ((iykyk)) for that reference.  It reeks of being written rather than organic which instantly takes me out of the scene.

When we last saw Will wasn't he leaving town, just after Sonny's stabbing, while helping to prove Leo's innocence?  Sonny mentions speaking to Will on the phone often, so why is this all a surprise to him?

Edited by j swift