Days: December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

That show does sound interesting @Soapsuds!

So..........is the threesome 'story' just over?  Only Johnny/Wendy know, Stephanie didn't find out, Chanel/Allie have no more insecurities and that's it?  I know it was a stunt, but it was really pointless.

That really has nothing to do with today's show, but I was just wondering why Alex didn't have any condoms with him when he has random sex all the time 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's only been one night.

The episodes of Dec. 20, 21, 22, and 23 were all Christmas Eve. (the daytime of Dec. 24 and then the evening of Dec. 24.)

The episodes of Dec 26, and 27 are Christmas Day.

The episodes of Dec. 28, 29, 30 are New Year's Eve. 
(Dec. 28 is the daytime, Dec. 29 is evening,  And the clock strikes midnight for the New Year in the middle of Dec. 30 episode)

Sonny invited Leo to stay at the K-Mansion on Dec. 20.   The conversation was that Leo had just been kicked out of the motel and it was Christmas Eve and he had no place to stay. 

Both Leo and Victor (in separate conversations) asked Sonny, how would Will feel about this, and Sonny's response to each of them was "Will didn't bother to come home for Christmas, so he doesn't get a say in the matter".  If Will had not come home, then I do think Sonny would have told Will eventually, during one of their phonecalls or videochats. 

Leo stayed at the K-mansion for the first time Christmas Eve, and then came downstairs in the Christmas pajamas the next morning - Christmas morning - and gave Sonny the shirt, at which point Will walked in the room.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

It's the Spanish soap opera Amor DivIdIdo. It airs on Univision at 1pm eastern. 

Danilo is the bisexual guy on the right. Gabriel is on the left who is gay and tried committing suicide. Danilo loves Gabriel more than a childhood friend/brother that they are but Gabriel is unaware of his true feelings.

Chanel and Allie are so dull together. I've soured towards Allie because of the writing and acting.

You'd think a horn dog like Ben 2.0 would have boat loads of condoms in his bedroom. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I can't stand Allie anymore either.  She's insufferable and her and Chanel are the least exciting couple on the show lol.  

They had this threesome/insecurity/Johnny triangle and then the show just dropped that and moved on to the Sloan murder story.  Now I guess that's over too.

I don't care about Stephanie/Ben 2.0 much, but I thought Alex would be the most likely character on the show to have a condom nearby (except maybe Eric these days).

• Members

My least favorite kind of storyline on a soap: when everything gets wrapped up in a nice, neat little bow and completely forgotten about. Apparently, some 

can cure people’s insecurities

And it did kind of ruin Allie even more for me. Her grandmothers are in the hospital dying and she’s more concerned with having a threesome. I hate Allie. I might have fallen into RC’s biphobic trap but I don’t care

From a storyline perspective, maybe it would’ve been better if the threesome hadn’t happened. It could have led to more conflict between Allie and Chanel, which would have been much better to see than this stuff with Sloan’s mother. Even for Alex too. The three of them  could have been about to do it, but then Alex thinks of Stephanie and backs out. It would have given him some humanity, which he still is lacking in 

Plus, in the future, he and Stephanie could be arguing over Chad and Alex could’ve thrown that in her face. 

The writers are rushing through everything and it’s really hurting the show and the characters. If I was writing it, the Tripp/Allie/Chanel/Johnny quad would still be going on. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I used to really like Allie, but can't stand her now either.  She's such a drag.  I don't know why Chanel even wants to be with her.  She's a selfish nag lol.  It's too bad because Allie/LA has so much potential, but Allie seems like no fun and way too old for her age.

The Tripp/Chanel/Johnny/Allie quad had/has so much more story and this show rarely does well with it's young adult scene.  The whole Chanel murder plot was just plunked right into the show for no reason.  Sloan could have become more sympathetic just from telling that story.  We didn't need to drop Chanel/Paulina into it.

• Members

It's so weird that (a) they decided to do another murder plot with another of Paulina's kids, (b) the "murder" occurred off screen, (c) the resolution occurred off screen.  The visuals of the whole plot was people on their phones hearing various pieces of news.

I assume that the rumored introduction of Sloan's family will resolve the plot, but at this point who cares?  We never saw the victims, the consequences were minimal, and there's no mystery about what happened.

• Members

Yes!  Very weird they used one of Paulina's daughters again.

Perhaps if the show left some ambiguity about Chanel's culpability or made the accident more open to interpretation, but it's pretty clear it was a tragic accident.

Plus the fact that Sloan can't see or at least empathize the teenage girl seduced by her married teacher was a partial victim makes her seem more unlikable when that's not what I assume the show was going for.  Perhaps if the show chose someone like Gwen to be the 'killer' it would have worked better.  Not that I care about Gwen at all, but she would have realistically made more sense down to the fact she's English and more age appropriate.  Sloan shouldn't be going up against Chanel/Allie-two girls at least a decade younger than her. 

• Members

I liked her too. I use this phrase a lot, but she was a breath of fresh air when she came on.

But this year, she became like the biggest, most selfish POS in Salem and because of it, I can’t stand her. I hope Chanel dumps her.

As for the quad, it was the best story on the show for a while, so I’ll never understand why they rushed through it and fired Lucas Adams. In my fanfiction, they’re still dealing with the fallout from Allie and Chanel’s night together

• Members

The problem with Days (and most soaps) is they age characters too quickly.  Not SORASing, but Allie/Chanel act like an old boring middle aged couple.  Even with the threesome lol!  Will/Sonny have the same issue and they get saddled with ridiculous obstacles like a murder or freakin Leo.  I don't understand why Allie/Chanel/Tripp/Johnny etc can't be written like messy 25 years.  Nicole/Eric get written like messy 45 year olds.   Chanel still has some spark to her, but any freshness Allie has is lost. 

I do think the complete lack of connection to Allie's own family hurts her.  We hear about Allie doing things with her family, but we really don't see it, so she feels nothing like Sami's daughter.  She tends to feel very isolated in ways Chanel/Johnny/Tripp even Wendy don't because it feels like all Allie's scenes are with Chanel.  It might just be me, but the show mentions Allie doing things off screen all the time that sound vaguely interesting, but they do that with a lot of characters.  John/Marlena and Steve/Kayle live most off their lives off screen.

Why weren't Will/Sonny at Gabi's wedding?  Did they end up watching Arianna?  I know Wendy explained it, but I missed it and didn't feel like rewinding lol.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

The reveal today was so lame. Rolf a renowned scientist who has brought every person back from the dead and has invented other formulas didn't know his own memory erasing drug would ware off?

Rafe is such a dumb cop!  He was clueless when Rolf called Li.

Wasn't the wedding at the Dimeras house just redecorated?

The guests were all extras again.. At least they use them. YR doesn't.

Chloe and Stefan scenes were so booooorrrrringgggg.

Edited by Soapsuds