Days: December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

The show announced that John Aniston's final airdate is Monday Dec. 26.

Per the promo clips, John Aniston's final scenes on Mon 12/26 are the promo's scenes of Victor with Sonny and Leo? (These are the scenes from the promo that was created months ago before JA passed away and again in the recent holiday promo.)  I hope Monday has scenes of Victor with Justin and Maggie, too, but who knows.

The show has edited in a tribute to J.A. at the end of Monday's episode.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Hey Sarah, was it cold on set that day or something? 

Please register in order to view this content

And all that talk about Bill and Mickey and Addie and Julie and the sinners in the Horton family having their own ball on the tree, but no mention of the serial killer having his own ball on the tree 

I do always enjoy the Christmas episode though. It really is one of those things that makes Days what it is. And Thomas was a little rock star today. He had no time for Gwen's crap. And I loved Chad and Abigail today as well 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

To be fair there wasn't a need to bring Ben up because Xander already knows about his past?  I guess Sarah could have said even Ben has one, but I thought it was more about Horton history, so I might give it a pass.  Sarah/Maggie wouldn't necessarily bring up Ben since it doesn't correlate to them much.

Agree on the pairing ruining Ciara though.

Listen, I have defended Joss/Dex on the GH thread and now I am defending Days writing and Ben here in 24 hours.  I think the Christmas cheer (or Egg Nog

) has gone to my head. 

• Members

That would have been the quickest and easiest way to end that conversation lol.  But you know Ron and his 'nods' to history so we had to deep dive into decades old Horton misdeeds instead.  

Did anyone notice Baby Bo's ornament said Bo II?  Is that what we are going with?  Isn't he Bo Jr.? 

And why does Caroline have an ornament?  Is it just honorary since Caroline/PM passed?  I have never noticed it before.

• Members

It was nice that Stephanie didn't have to spend Christmas all alone, but you know, she could have just spent Christmas at the pub with Uncle Roman and Aunt Kate, just sayin 

And, if a video game system is the most thoughtful and romantic that anyone's ever given her, then poor Stephanie's led a pretty sad life. 

Too bad that Victor's last scenes ended up being with Leo. And were of him being shamed by Sonny. And considering Victor's dialogue, why are they writing Will as the one who would be angry and hurt that Leo is still around and Sonny as his would-be defender? Have they already forgotten Beyond Salem, where it was the exact opposite? If this [!@#$%^&*]'s gonna happen, which I still hope and pray that it doesn't, at least make it make sense. Zach did look cute though and I imagine that he would look cute in Leo's gift too. And welcome back, Will. We've missed you 

I also really like this Sarah/Bonnie friendship that's been building up lately. It's unexpected but really enjoyable. I think LG's been doing better too. In so many scenes in her first years, she would often come off as snobby and condescending, even in scenes with Maggie. She seems to have finally dropped that quirk.

And yes, the tribute to John Aniston was beautiful. One of the best tributes I've ever seen on Days. It was funny and heartfelt, and really showed the range of John Aniston's acting talents and Victor's characterization and personality. Things like that are what makes Days what it is. When the show is written with heart, and not as some mean spirited reality show ripoff, that's when it's the most likable and enjoyable. Peacock money well spent!