Days: December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

That's true.  It's probably more the fact 'happy' means settled down on Days.  Even Ciara immediately wanted children once her and Ben got married and she's like, what, 23 lol.

Rafe has always been dumb, but Jada look great!

I think you are right about the wedding being at the Dimera mansion.  The guests may have been extras, but there was one lady really excited and recording the wedding on her phone in the background lol.  She had much more enthusiasm than the actual cast members.

Chloe and Stefan just aren't a good match.  I like both characters, but together they have no chemistry or excitement.  BB and NB just work better with other screen partners.

Also, Brady has like 0 chill in this kidnapping plan.  It's so obvious he's up to something.  I can't stand Kristen, but she should see right through this nonsense.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This isn't a "spoiler", it's just actors discussing the holidays on the official DAYS social media accounts (same vids on fb, yt, ig).  but I mean ... the show dropping these amidst a bunch of  vids from all the current actors who are sharing what they do for the holidays... Can we assume that Christopher and Colton are considered current cast? Seems to imply that we will see Paul and Andrew (separately or together), at some point again? 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I just realized Bo and Hope named their daughter Ciara Alice, and then Sami named her daughter Alice aka Allie.

In my family I have a nephew with a middle name inspired by my grandfather, and he has a cousin with the same first name of my grandfather.

So, I guess this is meaningless, but I had never made that connection before.  Also, I know Will is named for Bill but why are there no Tom's?  Maybe Sandy has a Thomas the III?  And Adelaide aka Addie seems like a name lost to another time.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I wouldn't say Rachel is obscure just not the most memorable character.   It's Kristen's actual mother.  It's very easy to explain quickly.  She was on about the same amount of time as Big Arianna.  Obscure is probably Eric who is named after Shawn's brother the child molester lol. 

• Members

My other random thought of the day:

Isn't funny that they referenced Marlena's doll, but Rachel seems to have no interest in playing with the action figure that brought Marlena and Brady back together when he was first SORASed? 

I guess that's a male presenting action figure, this iteration of Brady is no longer motivated by the loss of his mother, or Brady doesn't like to share his toys.  But, I would argue that Brady's doll is more iconic (in-story), than Marlena's 12 inch likeness.

Also, I don't know if John Black's biological status as a Brady has been canonized in the story as an accepted fact amongst the Brady clan, but I wonder if he never went back to his birth name of Ryan Brady because then his son would have to be called Brady Brady? (tee hee)

• Members

I liked the reveal and I liked the wedding. Everyone looked good, and it's actually starting to look like there's some money to be spent. But once again, it was too fast. It like they try to squeeze two or three episodes of drama into one and it never works. The reveal scenes could have been some people's Emmy reels, especially Camila's, but there wasn't really that much to see. Gabi going to Miami really needed to happen in another episode or two.

Also, we should have seen the kidnapping and Chloe softening up towards Stefan. She was so reluctant to sleep with him in the beginning, but was perfectly fine and horny just a few hours later 

Please register in order to view this content

And, I still think they're going to attempt a Li/Kristen pairing in 2023.

Sonny was watching Arianna, but yeah, where the hell was Will? Seriously, his child is sick 

That was retconned. It was very quick and sudden. John wasn't even onscreen when we found out. Hope just casually mentioned it to Brady

• Members

@AbcNbc247I feel like the editing of the reveal threw it off.  You couldn't get into the performances because it kept cutting to flashbacks.  I don't think you could get a feel for the acting because it kept switching back and forth.  

Agree that it was weird they just moved the episode 4 hours ahead mid way through.  It's hard to invest in anything when so much happens off screen.

• Members

I see what you mean.

I actually thought Wendy was going to be the one to spill the beans and that would have been the thing that triggered Gabi's memory. Then they could have just shown one long flashback instead. 

And Idk why they time jumped halfway through the episode either. It's like they want to use primetime pacing and that never works on soaps. 

Edited by AbcNbc247