Days: December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Really enjoyed the Christmas episode, so I'm looking forward to viewing todays episode and the Victor tribute. DAYS is one of the last few soaps left that still has the capability to be written with heart. 

Speaking of the xmas episode, I'm not usually fond of ghostly visits, when used by Ron on this soap. I think he uses it way too often and as a substitute to move a plot along. However the visit from Abigail this Christmas was written unlike the other ones, instead was treated with care and the dialogue wasn't as clunky. It just seems like out of all the ghostly visits Ron has written on this show, this was the most justified and gave closure. 

• Members

Thanks. 

I still don't get it though lol NBC wasn't ready for a little butt, which was never going to be shown on the network anyway, but were ready for things like Abby and EJ in the shower 

Please register in order to view this content

Also want to say that the tributes to John Aniston that are being posted on the Days Youtube channel are lovely.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I think the episode, for John Aniston, was a good one to go out on. He had several zingers delivered in his trademark style. 

The memoriam at the end of the episode was lovingly done. Corday/DAYS clearly held him in high regard and I enjoyed that everyone who shared significant story with him over the years was acknowledged. 

• Members

Two polar opposite statements by you. It does mean Days is capable of delivering with heart instead of the wink wink mean spirited stories don't make sense episodes. The problem is Ron Carlivati does not care. He has blatantly said it in interviews. He does not care what the audience wants in a soap. 

I still haven't watched Friday or today's yet. I hope to later tonight.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Just saw the Victor tribute.

I've never seen early Victor. And he definitely had charisma from GO. They touched on so much...though I never knew all of his 'women' were on at one point a la Asa's OLTL wives. Interesting that outside of Caroline and Maggie, they touched on Vivian so much. 

And my eyes teared up to see him with Hope. 

OH?

• Members

Regarding the Sonny/Will/Leo story...

I'm of two minds in this regard...

On one hand I totally understand Will's reaction and it's a completely justified reaction. After what Leo has done to Sonny, why in the hell would Sonny what to have anything to do with him? It makes no rational sense and no matter how much the show wants to twist it around the idea of Sonny being friends with Leo is just plain stupid. Yeah, Sonny has always been a person who always tries to see the good in people...but c'mon...this is taking it to the extreme. I was glad when Will walked out on Sonny when Sonny decided it was more important to keep his promise to Leo over his husband's completely understandable request for Leo to leave.

But on the other hand...

How exactly is Will in the position at being upset over Sonny's new "friendship" with Leo when Will himself is friends with Ben Weston? I mean for all of Leo's flaws and reckless behavior it doesn't even come close to matching the level of violence Ben did to towards Will. And don't give me this crap "But oh Ben was sick." that still doesn't take away his actions and the emotional pain that came from it. And yet Will forgave him, was best man at his wedding and had a "tearful" goodbye scene when Ben left Salem and so on and so forth. I mean if Will can forgive Ben - which of course makes absolutely no sense - then Sonny should be able to forgive and be friends with Leo?

Now that being said the idea of Sonny and Will having any type of relationship with Leo or Ben is just completely stupid. At this point I completely understand why the show wrote Wilson off. They have no idea what to write for this couple outside of dumb crap.

Now that all being said let's take a moment to enjoy the yummiest that is Zack Tinker (Sonny)

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by darrell66