Days: December 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
  • Members

THIS SHOW....let's fire hot young actors that are popular lol.  No mind to the fact the most popular characters are like 60 plus..  The show righted their wrong so I can't be mad.  I don't even hate the fact soaps fire people if they were out of ideas and then figured it out.  I wish characters would be let go on several soaps if the writer well is dry and then they bring them back when there is relevant material, but I am not sure Tripp ran out of stories.  

• Members

They didn't run out of story for Tripp, they just rushed through everything. 

The secret of Allie cheating with Chanel could have burned for a little longer. Imagine the fallout if Tripp had sacrificed himself to save Allie from the devil and then found out that she had cheated on him. 

Or, he and Chanel could have not been interrupted by Paulina and actually had a one night stand and Chanel could have gotten pregnant. Chanel being torn between Johnny and Allie, but pregnant with Tripp's child would have been a great mess and a lot more interesting than this stuff with Sloan's parents.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I don't care for the character of Tripp.  He was written as condescending to the female characters.  I just don't see him as necessary or nice.

I don't find the actor attractive, just bland, vanilla bland.  But even if I thought the actor was attractive, I don't like the character.

• Members

Why do you find Tripp condescending to women?  I think he's actual very respectful of the ladies.  Allie did him dirty lol.  I actually find Tripp to be one of the least problematic characters on Days.

LA is a little bland though.  I find him hot, but in a vanilla way lol. 

• Members

When he first arrived he attacked Kayla with a knife and that took me a while to get over but that was several years ago.  I just think the way he spoke with Allie was that he would mansplain and talk somewhat paternally. 
I was so relieved when Allie and Chanel finally decided they wanted each other.