YR Chelsea spoiler

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There is no soap character I hate more than Sheila Carter.  I hated that B&B wrote Sheila using an attempted suicide as a manipulative pity strategy to try to get Taylor's friendship.
But I still didn't want to watch a suicide.
And what I hated most was that B&B didn't post hotline information.  All we got was producer Casey Kasprzyk posting how cool it was to film it.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Even though I no longer watch this show, from a writer’s perspective, I am fascinated by the motivation for making Chelsea suicidal. Had she been having ideations before she took to the roof? We’re there signs of depression before? Were there several leading incidents that made viewers really believe that this would happen?

No way am I defending any perceived callousness toward a suicidal person but it sounds like a number of people are not buying into this. Whether because of the performance or due to the writing and that’s a problem.

• Members

I sort of saw it coming because the characters had it rough for almost two years. She had a stroke and found out her man was Kissing Sharon behind her back. She tried to frame him for attemoted murder and poisoned a cop. Once she recovered she tried to get Adam back, he moved on. She thab found a bit of happiness with Rey, he died. Than she finally found a career she enjoyed but that got taken away. Than she told Johnny she's his bio mom and now him and Connor hste her. 

Lately shes just been really depressed. It showed her just laying in bed, eyes open in the dark and neglecting her son.

It's been a downward spiral for Chelsea.

Edited by Dylan

• Members

Oh. So you felt like this was preordained?

I have watched some of JG’s writing on screen in the past and it seemed as if he sort of liked to pull things out of desperation. That’s not to say that it was never fully “earned” but it often seemed like, when all else failed, he would resort to the most desperate of measures and the execution wasn’t often convincing.

• Members

It's Josh writing so I doubt we get much depth on this subject. Chelsea as a character is past her expiration and I wouldn't mind if they did kill her off. Though I was thinking a year or so later via an offscreen plane crash. Yet I wonder who will find her before she jumps?  One thing Mal did right was to get rid of the character early during his tenure.