DAYS: September 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My problem with Kristen -- and supervillains in general -- is that you can't write human-scale stories for them after they've kidnapped, killed, bought people back from the dead, etc. This custody battle between Kristen and Brady is ridiculous. She'd just take Rachel and travel the word with her. 

Unless she's doing it to get under Brady's skin, but that's not what's coming across on screen.

Happy to confirm I can continue to watch the show on Peacock through Xfinity without coughing up any extra cash. 

• Members

And, lest we forget, this is not Original Kristen v. 1.0  (Eileen), no this is Kristen v. 2.0 (Stacy). Kristen the character has no reason nor rationale to be manic & v. 2.0 (Stacy) is manic all the time. Manic characters are exhausting & use up all the air in the cabin! Therefore they should be used only sparingly. Spare us so much manic Kristen!

Going now to log on at 9 in the morning.

Got waylaid. Haven't made it there yet. This: This morning, attuned to the peacock as I am, I got email from Noah's Ark Animal Sanctuary, Locust Grove, GA that they have Avian Influenza & just had to euthanize all the peacocks! (and other birds, too) They will be closed & under strict quarantine for a minimum of 5 months!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Tonksadora
Bizarre email about peacocks.

• Members

The problem with Kristen is her characterization and writing.  Even at her worst in the 90's I never viewed her as a supervillian and I think she could have come back from the John/Susan/Marlena stuff in time.  Without getting too far into things I have said countless times the way ED came back in 2013 and seemed like she was a changed person, but was still calculating and out for revenge was worked well.  It was still pretty small scale revenge -and still tied to John/Marlena. SH's Kristen has been either written as an absolute psycho villian or as an anti-heroine playing house with Brady and hugging Marlena.  Kristen being fixated on Chloe/Brady is so stupid for someone with her power and evil mind.  Agree about Rachel and just taking off with her.

Agreed.  Unless you are truly trying to redeem Kristen (which the show isn't) why keep her around? It loses the effectiveness of the character because in order for them to stay evil and on the show multiple plans have to fail and it ruins the sinister threat of the villian (see Orpheus).

• Members

Watching on your lunch break is kind of fun 

Please register in order to view this content

I liked the little introduction by Stephen and Mary Beth. And I'm kind of glad that nothing has changed on the show.

It was nice to see they finally included some mentions of workplace harassment and how it doesn't fly anymore in this day and age. Alex was likable today, except for when he had the ice cream cone. And yeah, not only does he need to ditch the That 70s Show wardrobe, he's gotta get rid of that ugly chain too.

EJ/Ava/Johnny was the best part of today, but once again, the show moved too fast. It's like they try to fit two episodes of drama into one when it comes to certain storylines. Today really should have ended with EJ walking into the bedroom, and tomorrow should have been the showdown. DF is great, but he can't really shine as EJ if you don't give him any drama heavy performances where he can show the range of anger, emotion, etc. And yeah, I'll never understand how, on soaps, grief always leads to sex. Every time I lost a loved one, sex was the last thing on my mind 

• Members

Huh? I didn't see any little intro. Weird. For me it was watching mid-morning because the phone & email & all manner of stuff got between me & the show! But, it was good. I like Stephanie more every time I see her. Lovely for Alex to change tracks. But, please don't have Stephanie do an about face. We'll get whiplash! And, always nice for our girls to recommit & snuggle.

Grief & sex, death & sex, proximity of a dead body & sex, all unrealistic. But, how about that Rolf brainwashing?!! Stefan is there, chapter & verse. He even said ChloeLane like it was one word. His annoyance at people calling him Jake is the perfect touch. He is truly a good actor.