• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow I figured RS as Quinn would stay their until the very end I guess she saw an easy off ramp to get off the show.

Even though it’s Rena’s decision it’s interesting Quinn lasted about average for a usual Thudley pet, which was nine years. Amber, Nick, Jackie etc all lasted about the same more or less. Wyatt is MIA, Bill was on his last grasp, HT Katie MIA etc.

I hope Sofer does well on her next venture. She’s come a long way from her infamous “show killer” days of Melrose Place and Just Shoot Me. 

• Members

LOL she didn't kill Melrose. The final season was a bit of a renaissance. It just took the heat for 90210 and a bored network. The Eve character was a too slow burn and quite boring when she remained a heroine, but the umbrella story overall worked and when she finally lost her mind it was a good time.

• Members

+1 to all of this

Im shocked and disappointed to see Rena Sofer walk out because she showed again what a fantastic actress she is by playing Quinn. She made all of the outlandish material work - and elevated it to must-see TV. Adam & Eve anyone!?

that said, 9 years is a long time and much longer than a lot of us predicted it to be. I was pleasantly surprised that in recent years Quinn become more than Wyatt’s mom - pairing her with John McCook really was a blessing. Now it also makes sense why the show eventually decided on ending Eric & Quinn. She is more fluid with Carter… I wonder if she will get a real exit. I really that she does. Maybe that diamond dude Ricardo’s death catches up on her and she has to leave town quickly. Or something totally different. Just please no non exit like for such long running characters like Nick, Jackie and Massimo.

• Members

+1. I loved Eve and the story of her losing it as well. I just remember some in the media and on the net back in the early/mid-00’s unfairly gave her the label. I clearly remember one critic going as so far as to call her the female “Ted McGinley”. Yeesh. People were so stupid at the time.

• Members

Oh, I personally think she definitely approached Ted McGinley levels on primetime lol, at least in terms of being ubiquitous. She was added to virtually every show out there at one point, which is the main reason why I've said she's never lacked for work since GH. I just don't think she killed Melrose specifically, and I don't think she was necessarily wrong for all those shows (though she was wrong for a lot of them). When you take the Lois accent away, unless Rena's character has strong writing or at least an outsize personality - like Quinn on B&B did, hence her success - RS can be stuck doing what Carla Gugino, around that same era, had to do on a lot of sitcoms and dramas: Play the sort of neutral brunette who is just there. (Gugino is super talented and having a career renaissance these days, particularly in the work of Mike Flanagan on streaming, but there were a lot of years where she was stuck being 'That Girl' on primetime)

• Members

Yep. The last season was a step up and she rocked it. The show was disgustingly expensive (Heather Locklear's salary alone could have made numerous pilots, etc.)

Yep, loved Eve going nuts. Didn't she tie up Lexie in her underwear in the bathtub? LOL

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I feel like Rena was always someone on the brink of mainstream stardom.  A lot of execs tried to make her happen, but it was never the right role.  I never considered her to be someone lacking work and was actually surprised she went back to soaps.  But I think I remember hearing she was upset that Lois was recast.  They didn't even ask her to come back first.

• Members

Same here. But I don't believe she would have come back as Lois at all in the 2000s. She was way too hot in primetime (even in dud roles) for years. I'll be surprised if she goes back to GH now. She has had a healthy career.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I certainly want her to come back to GH, but I don't think she has to.  RS seems like someone perfectly capable of booking primetime guest spots or Lifetime/Hallmark movies.  She is someone who's face you know even if you don't know her name.  After a 9 year run of B&B I don't think she needs to rush out and find her next paycheck either.

I have strong doubts she would have returned as Lois back then, but I guess she would have liked to be asked?  As she made a point of it in interviews.

Edited by carolineg