• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would think it would be water under the bridge at this point since it's been so long and they have a now grown daughter together and have both remarried, but who knows?  I guess it's weird and I know their breakup wasn't the greatest, but RS and WK seem professional enough to be able to handle it if they chose to.  Lois doesn't have to get back together with Ned.  I mean obviously FV would throw Lois at Easton or Howarth just because...

• Members

I have been a fan of RS since Melrose Place. She does the crazy really well...even as Quinn in the beginning when she terrorized Liam.

A six-week stint on GH could be great for her. Dip her toes in and see how it goes while giving her time to figure out something with more commitment.

If DAYS's writing wasn't so horrible, she could be a great "pickup" to add to the Peacock version. If they were to bring on Bo and Hope, I could see RS as the new Billie if Lisa Rinna declined something more permanent.

• Members

As much as I love Lois and would be thrilled to have a scene with Brenda, Sonny, and Lois again, I don’t really wish this show on her at this point.  Lois is wholly a Claire Labine character.  Guza couldn’t write for her, and I don’t think anyone that is a soap HW currently understands how to write for a character like Lois.  And I’m all for her being moved forward character wise, but again, she had a certain set of ethics, personality traits, etc that just do not work well on todays soaps.

it would end up as a caricature, and I’m tired of that happening to beloved characters and actors.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

You actually articulated what I was trying to say posts ago lol.  I would love to see Lois again, but the character is so specific to Labine.  It's hard to imagine Lois at 50 without it being a caricature.  I would kill for a Brenda, Sonny, Lois scene though as well.   I think RS's last scenes as Lois were with Brenda after the non-wedding (and not with Ned which is weird).  I remember Ned being out of town when Rena/Lois briefly returned-which seemed so stupid.  The show couldn't have timed that better?  Anyway..

Lois's return with Leslie Kay was just odd.  I can't imagine Lois ever going for a guy like Alcazar.  

I do understand a lot of the arguments that GH's cast is too bloated, but I would still like to see her.  Lois is relevant.  There are about 20 people to get rid of at least on GH, but I don't think that means there isn't room for a great character.  JMO.  I don't think we will see her on GH, but I would definitely watch if RS did come back.

• Members

Okay GH- let’s lure some of the actual writing staff back to make this a possibility, then I would be halfway excited.  Korte is not enough- I’m talking Karen Harris, MVJ, and what feels like my constant drumbeat lately for Shelly Curtis.  Lois existed in a very specific space on the show, and she needs people that have written her in the past to help move the character forward without being a caricature and or obliterated.

The hopeless romantic part of Lois would be welcome on this show, paired with the right person (not Ned!).  Watching a woman her age reclaim her music business, bond with her daughter, and find new love would be great.  I see an easy fit at Deception too.  

As far as Ned- I think that ship should stay sailed for the best of the performers involved.  It may have been a long time, but nobody should have to entertain others by reliving their own romantic traumas.  It goes without saying that Frank’s pets also must stay far away from her.

Come on GH- I bet this board could think up a good two year story for you to use!

When Labine was there I never saw Lois as the naive overly moral person that Guza moved her towards.  She was shrewd, she was smart, and she had ethics that did not align with the values of the Quartermaines.  She had a big, loving family, not the backstabbing dynamic she married in to.  She wasn’t perfect, but she had HER point of view and made choices to be with Ned and business partner with Sonny that made her question how strongly she held her beliefs.  

Edited by titan1978