Jerry VerDorn has passed away

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you for getting Erika’s statement Errol.

SID had quotes from Gina Tognoni, Frank Dicoupolous and Robert Newman https://www.soapsindepth.com/gallery/guiding-light/a-special-tribute-to-soap-star-jerry-verdorn 

SOD posted a roundup with others already shared and included an email statement from Amanda Setton. https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/stars-react-to-jerry-verdorns-passing/  

soapshub had a long statement from Michael O’Leary who found over the phone from Grant Alexander and one from Kim Zimmer in two different articles.

Sorry my cut and paste is broken… 

• Members

Thanks for these, @~bl~. I'd been scanning their socials.

The Soaphub tributes from Kim, etc. are here:

Amanda Setton and Carlivati's messages at SOD are kind of tucked away for those who saw the earlier article before revisions, so here.

Setton:

Carlivati:

Michael O'Leary, Jean Carol and others got tucked away in a separate article as well for some reason:

Edited by Vee

• Members

Given the wonderful monologues he often had on GL, he would have made a terrific speech teacher as well.

2:03 in really illustrates what an emotional cornerstone Ross and Jerry’s portrayal had become to GL by this point. Jerry never made scenes like this come off as too saccharine or insincere, he was just so believable.

• Members

The man who painstakingly edited and uploaded all those clip sets was killed not too long before GL was canceled. I think he would have been proud to know Cynthia was using his work to honor Jerry.

• Members

Truly sad news.  Clint was one of those roles that always seemed so singular to the original actor that I was surprised how much I loved him on OLTL.  I came to his better days as Ross long after GL was cancelled, but he really had a sparkle there.  You could tell he relished playing characters that had intelligence.

• Members

YES!!!! I love this clip! Cynthia saw my post on Facebook back in either 2013 or 2014. I was going through finals and I was acting completely neurotic that day as I had spent so much time prepping for my studies. So, I posted that clip and she sent me a private message with a wink emoticon, lol! THAT made my day and my exams went smooth sailing after that. Oh, my sweet little Annie Dutton always bringing cheer in my life. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel