Jerry VerDorn has passed away

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, damn. Very sad. I had a feeling it was coming based on past noise, but it's still a big shock and a heartbreak.

Most knew JVD best for his wonderful years on GL, but I knew him best from OLTL. I felt he essayed the role of Clint Buchanan very well in turbulent times, making the character his own and evolving it, often rising well above bad writing. His chemistry with Bob Woods and Erika Slezak was different from his predecessor but stellar and crackling, and he was a sage voice both onscreen and in support of the show. But more than all of that, he was an icon and a brilliant brand ambassador for the soaps and soap opera history, a tower of charisma, striking intelligence and class. He'll be so missed.

• Members

This (timestamped below at the proper time) is the moment that will always stay with me for JVD on OLTL. At the edge of the end for both the show (it would go off the air on ABC a week later) and his character and Erika Slezak's, Jerry completely sells this moment beautifully despite a very rushed final story. He speaks on behalf of not just himself and Viki but the show itself, and he's just wonderful: