YR: Character to be recast???

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

To be fair, King was pretty good when she started. She didn't set the world on fire, but her spoiled, bullying was well played. By the time she left, Summer needed a rest and (post-Muhney), she pretty much seemed to be on Auto-pilot. She fit in well on Life in Pieces in a supporting role. 

Her return to Y&R and the whole Bummer/Kyle/Lola story were poorly executed and they really needed a recast (I would have brought in Courtney Hope).

Walking around with this look on her face for X amount  of years didn't help.

Well, let's see how NuSummer does--and hopefully Lanier can infuse a little something that HKK didn't.   

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

i know this is like 7 years old, but I hope she brings this same energy to the role. I've always thought Sumer should be a free-spirit type of Phoebe-esque (from Friends) character to contrast Phyllis' cattiness and severity.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Kristen Alderson (ex-Kiki, General Hospital) recently revealed she auditioned for the role of Summer Newman prior to Allison Lanier's casting. I always thought Alderson would've suited the role of Summer, and have stated that since Hunter King was miscast in the role.