YR: Character to be recast???

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

SoapHub is the original source: https://soaphub.com/young-restless/young-and-the-restless-sends-out-casting-call-for-summer-newman/

I'd trust Michael Maloney. He is a freelancer known for Soaps In Depth, and is an active TCA member (Television Critics Association). He wrote the book on the life of William J. Bell along with Lee Phillip. He currently works for both SoapHub and TV Insider.

• Members

Why bring back Summer so soon?

Just so Sally can continue to be punished and Phyllis can obsess about her dotter?

Re Kyle -maybe Michael Mellor has agreed to return, otherwise having both K&S as recasts screams disaster. Remember Mac & Billy?

If Summer  is coming solo,then Kyle and Summer would have to have split, which is another crappy storyline decision.

They never should have married in the first place, especially as happened offscreen.

Why not have them move to Milan to readjust to their new life, instead of making it the greatest love story ever told.?

Much easier to say they couldn't make it work without a needless marriage to deal with.

• Members

Phyllis is useless and instead of cutting their losses (MS is waaaaay too “popular”), they bring back her dotter to give her something to do. I’d rather see Daniel and Lucy instead of Dummer redux. Some fresh dynamics, please, and Daniel can work on luring Lily away from Billy.

• Members

Once again, I offer "Genoa City Slasher": Phyllis is determined to unmask the killer; Jack thinks she's putting herself in harm's way; Jack's fears come true when Phyllis is found dead at the Grand Phoenix.

Edited by Khan

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I'm just glad HK is gone.  I mean, what Michael Muhney put her through, both in the media and in private, was stomach-churning, but I feel like we had to endure her underwhelming performances longer than we should have, precisely because Muhney's actions made it difficult for TPTB to let her go w/out making it look as if they were punishing her just for defending herself.

Edited by Khan