GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Those were some good Carson scenes today. Finally things are happening and it's not just the same boring dialogue being regurgitated day after day. I hollered when Sonny brought up Jason. It almost sounded like twitter wrote some of Sonny's lines today. Funny as hell. 

I am really confused by this Sam stuff. Was today the conclusion of her love triangle that took place entirely off-screen? So bizarre. 

So, how long until Carly hops onto Drew's schlong? Yuck. 

It was nice to see everyone rallying around Mac. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sonny and Carly just don't have it. And it's entirely Mo's fault. LW is giving this her ALL and this lazy bastard is stuttering over his lines per usual. I can't stand him. LW and Watros are carrying this story on their backs and I will credit the show with giving them decent material that they've managed to elevate. But man they're fighting over a man who isn't worth it on a good day and an actor who couldn't give two sh!ts.

The part that upsets me the most is that he's managed to convince his colleagues and fans at large that his acting is GOOD. Baffles my mind.

Cameron Mathison looks like a handsome muppet.

• Members

I hate to be that guy who compares sh!t to Shakespeare, but I was watching old episodes of AW and those amazing fights between Vicky Wyndham and Doug Watson (both explosive arguments and more passive-aggressive encounters). Everything is disappointing after that.

LW is definitely carrying these Sonny/Carly scenes. MB can be great, but he often lets his scene partners down. 

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

And I'm sure VW and DW hated a lot of their material, too, but they committed to it, because that's what actors are supposed to do.  They take what's on the page -- now matter HOW awful -- and they make it work.

If only Mo B would understand that.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I guess I am in the minority and thought Mo was good?   Believe me, I know he has flaws.  There are scenes where I can't even hear or make out what he's saying because he is whispering and mumbling.  There are times you can clearly see him pausing to try to remember his lines.  There have been many times over the years where you can tell he's completely checked out of the Carson pairing.  But yesterday I thought they were both good and the fight had better dialogue than usual.

• Members

Mo has been on autopilot for many, many years now. His last, best work came in those farewell scenes with Vanessa Marcil in 2011 I posted a week or two back, because the writers were brutally honest and incisive in the writing and because he and Vanessa are very tight and she brings it out of him. But that was over a decade ago. I think Watros occasionally wakes him up and cuts into him lately, but the story is disposable and the dialogue is often bad. I have no investment in Nina or real interest in Sonny and Nina whatsoever, but I appreciate that she brings something out of him occasionally when I watch a scene or two. Laura always gives 100%. I don't know of a day in this business onscreen where she hasn't and she's been around a long time. It's not her fault either.

They should never have let him shave that beard and it is beyond me why they are testing him with all the wrong people. Just bring someone on for him. (I'd still pair him with Gina Tognoni as Dr. Sarah Webber, but oh well)

There are relatively few performers on daytime then or now who can get that ugly that quick. She's a force of nature.

• Members

I usually think he’s phoning it in and relying on tics more than emoting but I agree. CarSon fans seem mad that he doesn’t seem upset at the way things turned out but I think that’s intentional. Sonny wanted out, despite his last ditch effort at winning her back. That’s how I’m choosing to see it!

• Members

Bring back Steve Burton to General Hospital!!!  Now that people are starting to have sense again... I worked Retail pharmacy throughout COVID as a tech and there is simple commonsense things to follow that doesn't mean judging vax status and wearing masks like their burquas for all. Basically if you don't feel well (sick, sniffles and sore throat) stay home. Have things delivered if you need food and and supplies.  Absolutely ridiculous how people who should be staying home weren't and people who didn't need 4 masks on were.  It is all politics.

• Members

Well, I have no horse in the Carson race so I don't care about that.  Listen, I am not expecting the MB's acting level to be at Stone's death bed scene or even at the level of when he broke up with Brenda a decade ago.  I don't think anyone would argue his acting, charisma, and interest level have waned.  But there were much worse acting atrocities happening on that same episode lol.  I thought the fight/dialogue was long overdue, both actors did well, and it kept my interest.   It also had flashbacks-which makes me think everything is 100 times better.

• Members

That's a good interpretation, I think.  Sonny knows he and Carly have reached the point of no return, but he's too afraid to let go of all the years they've spent together (for a very uncertain future with Nina).  Add the fact that he's off his bipolar meds and therefore unable to think rationally and you have something good there to play with.  If only Mo B and the writers would step the [!@#$%^&*] up.

Listen, I still remember when he was still Nico Kelly on AMC, and as green as he was back then, he was still more compelling than he's been as Sonny in a very, very long time.  I mean, even on those increasingly rare occasions when he doesn't appear checked out, he still can't hold my interest the way he could as Nico.

Wyndham's Rachel was hood before being hood was a thing.