GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I get the sense they’re at least testing audience reaction with some very overt plays at sexual tension. Whoever mentioned Alexis in the “late-in-life coming out” thread was on to something. I think NLG would do well in such a story.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Count me in as someone who wouldn't mind seeing this story for Alexis.  I could definitely see it working more organically than it is with Craig on Days.  A lot of Alexis's choices in romance and life could be motivated by the fact she never felt like herself.  I am not sure how the audience would react, but I wouldn't mind it.  It would be a good story for NLG.  

• Members

And it was a complete coincidence too. I had NO idea they were right about to actually go there. If it does pan out, I am not going to lie that post will be going on my wall of fame along with that time SOD published my letter.

Please register in order to view this content

Self-congratulations aside, it is worth pointing out that Alexis potentially falling in love with Harmony can be a lot of things. We tend to react to these things in binary terms (me included) but it can simply mean she discovers she is bi later in life or that she is sexually fluid or that she falls in love with that specific person regardless of gender

I am very interested to see where it goes but if there is someone who I bet is super enthused about playing this and will do her best to do it justice, it is NLG. 

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

True.  But it would fall in line with Alexis's awful choice in love interests.  I don't think it needs to be Harmony.  They could test the waters with her and Alexis figures a few things out about herself and finds someone else.  Idk, it would be more exciting than her lather, rinse, repeat disastrous love life she's had since Ned.  I doubt GH would ever go there with her though.

• Members

Agreed it would have been better with a different character but I guess they don't trust enough drama would come of simply a different-sexuality exploring love story and they need a more typical soap conflict when her daughters find out.
They couldn't write any of them as rejecting a lesbian romance for their mother just because it is a lesbian romance lest it damages whichever bigoted daughter they would make bigoted.
So they need an additional external source of tension which, you know, fair enough.

• Members

This show is a mess.

How many times can we possibly see Sonny and Carly have these scenes? I have never fast forwarded this show but I am very tempted lately. It is the same dialogue five days a week, just with them talking to different characters each time. I am so tired of them. They completely eat the screen in every episode, but other characters can barely get featured.

Case in point... Sam. Seems like she has all sorts of story happening off-screen. Kristina said that Sam is just trying to distract herself from her own mess of a life. What mess? Sam has barely been on and has no story or drama. Kristina says Sam is torn between two men. Again, huh? Apparently there has been an entire triangle taking place off screen. And Dante says he and Sam have been having issues since Drew returned? None of this is playing out on screen. Then to make matters weirder, Sam randomly shows up 40 minutes into the episode (with no explanation as to why she's suddenly there), has literally one line, and is all cozy with Dante and there's no drama with them, and she doesn't interact with Drew at all and there's none of this supposed conflict. Absolutely bizarre writing.

Monica showed up out of nowhere too. Weird episode.

At least Kristina actually got to talk to Alexis about Harmony though I hate that she supports this ridiculous friendship.

Austin is just... not it. I have no idea what they're trying to do with him. "What does it mean when a man kisses a woman?" LOL what? Why does Britt have to explain the birds and the bees to this 50-year-old man? Are we getting a 50-year-old virgin storyline? They're writing him like a high schooler. And that half manbun/half mullet look is not good. They're really acting like Brad would be into Austin.

Please register in order to view this content

Talk about a downgrade from Lucas. I do love Britt and Brad.

Drew has no personality. He's just a talk-to. Always smiling and optimistic. Absolutely no trauma after everything he went through. I like CM but this is lame.

Brooklyn is wearing a blazer even at her dad's wedding.

Not here for Willow getting a story.

At least the regular Leo was on today, I like him.