GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

Wasnt the OG plan for Brenda to return in 2017 with her son & he falls for joss, But Marcil balked so they created Kim as Oscars mom & cast Tamara

There was also Talk that GH wanted Tamara for Kate 2.0 in 2011 but hired Kelly Sullivan instead.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

For sure about SH-it's wiki so it's probably wrong or a half truth.

Lol!  The mysterious patient Barrett that was just hair and a tattoo.  That with the Cooper Barrett appearance made me think it was going somewhere.  What a fake out and not in a good way.  I am not going to lie, the red herrings did make me tune in. 

Poor Sarah Brown, never had a good soap role past Carly.

• Members

I don't think so, no. I think fans made that shít up same as they came up with the absolutely idiotic theory that somehow, Brenda's son was Dev the street kid deep in the Middle East. Frank does not want Brenda back.

I actually loved her on DAYS. I don't think people gave her on that show or that regime enough credit. But I was in the minority. I also thought she did a good job with very ropey material as Claudia.

• Members

I believe the Kate story because I heard it a lot at the time and it was very stupid, almost as stupid as Kim Nero. I don't believe the Oscar thing. I don't know what they had in mind but I don't buy that it would ever have involved bringing on Brenda.

• Members

Sarah had great chemistry with Eric Martsolf and their storyline, initially at least, was actually an intelligent business story for DAYS. But people turned on that creative regime very fast, and they did make mistakes. Oh well.

Since we're mentioning Oscar I'd like to once again reiterate he was played by the single worst young actor I have ever seen on General Hospital, and possibly the entirety of my experience in daytime short of Charity Rahmer. Rot in your grave, Oscar.

• Members

I tend to believe some of the Brenda/Oscar stuff.  I have no idea if it was ever a true thing the show pursued, but I think it was someone's idea at least on the show.

The TB/Kate stuff had a lot of rumor traction.  I tend to believe it because Kate was forgotten and the show was going for something big post-Sonny/Brenda for Sonny

• Members

I think fans tend to conjure up theories about characters they truly love at the drop of a hat, get overexcited and just repost shít without fact-checking and the game of telephone is easy to play in the social media age. I just don't think it got very far if it was even real, which I don't fully believe. But who knows.

• Members

Sarah did have good chemistry with EM.  It just got so weird when Duke Lavery was her evil ex husband.

GS was bad and (I know he's practically a kid) but not cute either.  I THINK everything would be a lot better if they didn't give him the faux Stone dying story.

Yeah, it could be a fan theory that caught fire.  I remember thinking some things Oscar said made it seem like Brenda could possibly be his mom, but I might have made that up in my head to continue the theory lol.

I mean, I would not want Brenda to be Oscar's mom, but I can see actual usefulness in Joss/Oscar's story with Brenda and Sonny seeing it as a repeat of Stone and bringing all that up again and finding each other again.  And I think I just wrote an outline for Sonny/Brenda fanfiction, so I'll stop.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I think the idea was for poor Ian Buchanan to replace the ailing Joe Mascolo as the new villain and oof, what a debacle.

I did always like that writing team despite their social media wars, so I was pleased to be validated when at least one of them had a solid run at AMC 2.0.