Y&R January 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This month will have a special episode for CLB's 30th anniversary.

If we are counting anniversaries from first episodes, April will be Kate Linder's 40th anniversary, and June will be Jess Walton's 35th anniversary, Eileen Davidson's 40th anniversary, and Beth Maitland's 40th anniversary.

• Members

According to SOD

Jack's absence from GC over Xmas and into the New Year is due to Peter Bergman needed emergency surgery due to a detached retina.

Mishael Morgan had the same issue and Peter says they talked on the phone during his recovery.

He returned to the set in time for the Y&R Xmas party.

So it looks like Jack will be offscreen for a few weeks.

• Members

It's almost an understatement to say that Y&R is "stuck," but you're right.  This show needs a shot in the arm in the worst way.  It needs to take some huge risks.  Maybe not the kind of risks that, say, JER took with DAYS back in the day.  (I don't think anyone needs to see Nikki Newman possessed by the devil, lol).  But TPTB need to recognize that they can't coast forever on nostalgia.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I'd mix up the show with some new couples:  Nick/Sally, Nikki/Ashland, Jack/Lauren (maybe not so new). It would shake things up. 

Phyllis furious Nick is leaning toward Sally. His whole family still against him, especially Victor and Adam. 

Phyllis and Michael leaning on each other after his marriage to Lauren is on the rocks. Phyllis upset because she was falling for Jack again. Just imagine Gloria's thoughts. 

Ashland and Nikki would cause even more conflict in the Newman family. Victoria feeling like deja vu because Nikki's had romances with Victoria's men before. Bring back Ashley to console Victor and reignite her rivalry with Nikki. (Yes, I know...this isn't new...but Ashley needs a foe. Why not Nikki?)

Traci could make appearances (I'd prefer on contract) and be upset about Lauren "going after" Jack when she's married.