• Members

These Chris Noth allegations makes me wonder if some folks may have known something along the way. I mean, it is likely that Noth also didn't want to return full-time but I do wonder about what went into the decision to kill off the character vs. just having Carrie divorce Big, as it's not like they haven't broken up before. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It is weird though because for quite some time the rumor was that Samantha was the character to be killed off. At first I thought that had to be some type of red herring but this recent bit of news has made me question that assumption. I'm not trying to imply that everyone knew but, oh well, regardless, these allegations are now out there...for all the issues this limited series has, Big won't be one of them going forward.

• Members

After seeing today's bull schitt interview at TV Line with Michael Patrick King lying about how and why Miranda and Steve got married, and Carrie again acting like an imbecile with Natasha, I'm done. This should have stayed a memory.

Kim Cattrall was smart as hell for not returning.

• Members

The Chris Noth news is disgusting and disappointing. Always liked him as Det. Mike Logan on Law & Order and Law & Order: Criminal Intent. I remembered something happening with Beverly Johnson, so...yeah.

That said, why wouldn't these women come forward when his casting announcement for The Equalizer was announced? Why did it take the SATC reboot and Big to do it?

• Members

Honestly, this series works for me purely of the fact that I already thought these women were horrible human beings and seeing And Just Like That just cements that fact. Carrie is just a horrible selfish little bitch and the Natasha storyline cements that. I'm not sure this is what the writers intended me to feel, but I sort of enjoy it.

• Members

Miranda and Steve were one of my favorite parts of SATC. I am not surprised that Michael Patrick King is lying as I never felt that he had much use for the pairing, and much of the material for Miranda  in his time as the main showrunner was shaky - the best was her relationship with Steve.  Just another relationship ruined by hackery and what seems to be another case  of having a  character become gay just because the actor who plays them went  the same path. 

I am a glutton for punishment for following a show led by people I dislike and characters long ruined. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Stanford Blatch's Last Bow: The cast remembers Willie Garson.

I loved the pairing of Miranda and Steve. Make no mistake: I'm ALL for LGBTQ+ representation and would have been fine with the main characters exploring such had it made sense. Miranda's turn doesn't. If you recall on the original show, she once explored that [think her job was connected somehow, my memory is hazy there], kissed a woman and felt nothing. There was nothing to suggest Miranda had any doubts about her preference/life, etc.

So Michael Patrick King claiming Miranda only married Steve because she was pregnant (and no; they exchanged ILYs at Brady's first birthday party in "One" and Miranda proposed to Steve later in S6 in "The Ick Factor") and feels trapped is just a load of crap.

I can't support such a change based on laziness and a lie. And I also don't get why Miranda has to be a lesbian/bi just because the actress playing her is. Isn't that why it's called acting?

(Steve calling Miranda to tell her about the blue moon will always be a favorite scene of mine.)

Hence why I am peacing out on this disaster.

Edited by Wendy

• Members

She most certainly was. She is booked and busy. She’s the narrator on Hulu’s ‘How I Met Your Father,’ has been filming a recurring role on Peacock’s ‘Queer as Folk’ reboot and she’s just finished shooting the Sebastian Maniscalco comedy ‘About My Father’ starring Robert DeNiro. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The delusion and defensiveness of MPK, SJP, and various writers is mind-numbing. So much patting themselves on the back for how controversial and brave they are - they knew people would hate their stories but did them anyway! People didn't hate their stories because they're garbage, they just can't accept change! The attempts at brainwashing viewers to accept the destruction of Miranda's character. And most shameless of all, dredging Kim Cattrall's name up for one more press round, going on and on about how THEY won't want her back on the show when SHE made it more than clear she was never going back. 

These people are just sad and have zero shame. I will never watch their work, and I will never go back and watch any of SATC. 

Edited by DRW50