• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No doubt, she was paid a ton of money, didn’t have to interact with any of her four former co-stars nor the current show runner. I wouldn’t be surprised if she got Patricia Fields to do her personal wardrobe for the scenes lol. Kim Catrall is a true G.

The show was obviously willing to accept her terms so what does that say?

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I am so thrilled about this. The article explains it's only one scene and, yes, Pat Field DID dress her for it!

Honestly, I think she may have done this more for the fans than anything else. It will be SO good to see her again even once.

• Members

Considering the fact that SJP is an executive producer of AJLT, you know she had to sign off on this. In fact, if you look at the production credits, you will see that both she and Cynthia Nixon are both executive producers, so yes, they definitely had a say and had to have agreed with the terms. Anyone who believes otherwise just doesn’t know the business of show business.

From what I have read many fans were continually asking why Samantha’s side was not included and were irritated by it.  Whether the show gets it right or not, is anyone’s guess but judging by all the criticism Season One got, the show’s producers had to do something more than just relying on the return of twice dumped Aidan to save the show’s fortunes.

Wow, I admit that I made that statement before reading the article. From what I read some time ago when KC was honored by Variety Women, Pat Fields spoke as though she had seemingly cut ties with the SATC/AJLT franchise so she had to have returned because of Catrall.

• Members

What are you talking about? I am not stan or fan of these people and I don't care at all. I just tell what I feel. All while following the topic and rules. But people like you act like gestapo police. This is isn't your house... Don't tell people what to do.

• Members

I'll take it, even though it will probably be a blink-and-you'll-miss-it scene. KC very likely asked for certain conditions to be met, including financial compensation, script approval et al., and she got them. 

Personally, I thought it was awful the way AJLT slyly trash-talked the character of Samanatha in season 1, and during promotions, the AJLT cast were all "Kim is never coming back" -- like it was their decision to fire Catrall or something.

What all this says is that HBO Max is sufficiently concerned about AJLT's longevity and SLs. The network wants a reason for fans to tune into season 2. It was an entertaining hate-watch in season 1, but that's not sustainable season-to-season. 

• Members

Honestly, Im surprised it got a second season bc I went into the first thinking it was just going to be a limited series. A window into where the girls are at now. Im fine with it being 2 and done. The concept isnt meant to go on indefinitely