• Members

Well, well. Isn't this an interesting take -- the polar opposite of the narrative we've been getting the past +5 years. 'KC is so mean! She made Sarah cry. She didn't want to do the third movie -- so selfish thinking only of herself! Oh well, none of us on set liked her anyway!"

What's that you say, Darren Star and Candace Bushell? A kind person? Good works for the actors' benevolent fund? Admired both as a person and an actress? Color me shocked.

Full disclosure: I've been a fan of Cattrall's since SATC and beyond. The Variety article talks about her speaking voice being a touch Old Hollywood, and it kind of hits on why I like her so much as an actress. She has that Old H charisma. I had the good fortune to see her on stage in Noel Coward's Private Lives (opposite Matthew McFadyen) a decade ago. She played a flighty, charming, Noel-Coward feminine archetype, but she played her with such understanding, layers and a soft comedic touch. I was impressed. This could easily have been a Samanthaesque role but she made it someone else. I've enjoyed her choice of different roles ever since, and her embrace of being a mature, experienced woman, comfortable in her skin. I thought her Variety interview was thoughtful and elegantly put. She was asked questions about SATC (by a journalist who is also clearly a SATC aficionado) which she handled openly but diplomatically, without tearing anyone down per se. She feels a certain sense of ownership over the character of Samantha, and that is understandable. I'm beyond glad we were spared the 'hilarity' of Samantha viewing Brady's dick pics.

Edited by Cat

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Never even finished S1 of this crap. How it got renewed, I have no idea. I am all for shitcanning this piece of garbage.

And I hope David Eigenberg (Steve) tells TIIC to f*ck off if they want his character back to be abused again. He has Chicago Fire, anyway.

Edited by Wendy

• Members

Another character for them to destroy!

I'm not surprised that Darren Star showed up for that event. In all honesty, SatC started going downhill after he left over the reigns - pretty much all his shows tend to decline in some way or another when he does.

• Members

So Aidan can finally have Carrie-- now that Big has croaked!

Aidan always struck me as THE masculine ideal for women of a prototype-MAGA persuasion. Kind of like the females on The Bachelor are the MAGA patriarchy's ideal chick stereotype, and a lesson to MAGA women on how they are expected to look, speak and behave.

For me, the problem with AJLT is that nothing exists outside Carrie's orbit. Aidan and his ex wife and baby will become a random footnote. His relationship with Steve will be forgotten, because its Just About Carrie. Like Miranda and Charlotte also shutting Samantha-in-London out because they mostly exist to soothe Carrie's nerves. 

Is Che returning?

Edited by Cat

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...