ALL: Characters you are surprised lasted so long

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Didn't he get money from Isabella as well?  I am not even sure if him and Marlena ever got their money back from the time EJ/Stefano stole it when John was painted to be a Bernie Madoff ponzi schemer about 10 years ago.  Or maybe Basic Black has made enough where it can fund itself now?

• Members

I do understand the storyline purpose, but when you think about the show in later years while he was still on contract- they wouldn’t give in to Vanessa’s demands to stay during her original run.  They killed off Alan.  They wouldn’t bring Genie back full time.

He also fit into a spot they needed- a legal figure to butt heads with Sonny but not in a serious way.  And I like Mac, I just can’t believe how many other, more vital characters left and he was still standing.

That is a waste of time.  Especially when it comes to any business storyline on DAYS in the last 30+ years.

• Members

Clarice lasted 11 years on Another World from February 7, 1975 to August 15, 1986.  Clarice was never a major star on the show, but she was given some stories throughout the years- having a baby with Robert Delaney, being raped by Jerry Grove, Carl Hutchins hitman, Ross, planted a bomb in the Ewing car intended for Larry, but Clarice survived when the car exploded.  They created a family for Clarice, and her father married Ada.  This made her Rachel's step sister, and probably contributed to her longevity on the show.

• Members

Amongst the many reasons that I am surprised Mac Scorpio lasted so long is because he served as the catalyst for Glory Monty's 1991 revamp of GH

Mac was introduced the same week as Bill Eckart, his sister Jenny, mother Angela, father Frank, and (a personal favorite) his cousin Joey.  The revamp was considered a creative and ratings failure, so within months most of those introduced were fired.  Frank died in an earthquake (the type that happen too frequently for an east coast port o' call), Angela moved and sold the bakery (which was never going to be the new Kelly's), and Joey just disappeared.  By the end of Monty's second tenure in 1993 they were all gone except Mac.  So, it is a true surprise that he lasted beyond that infamous stage in GH history.

Edited by j swift