ALL: Characters you are surprised lasted so long

• Members

I think more viewers would have been on-board with Robert and Anna had the show not thrown them together so quickly.  Like I always say, the audience will go wherever you want them to go, you just have to take the steps to get them there.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I liked them together back then.  I think the trauma of losing Duke twice and how maudlin Anna had become made it easier for me, because she was happy again.

I preferred her with Duke and Robert with Holly.  I also liked Robert and Cheryl, and hated Katherine.

• Members

A quick Google would have told you the Eckert patriarch was Fred not Frank, but then this is the norm for your posts, if it's not a five paragraph ramble. I don't mean to be harsh, but corrections that you could avoid by just looking up stuff before you post.... Just saying, if you want to come off as though you know what you are posting about, (which your posts seem to imply), do some due diligence. 

Edited by slick jones

Fred didn't die in that dopey earthquake. Fred died sitting in a chair in his home of a heart attack, Felica was paralyzed for 2 mins. Due the earthquake. Angela appeared from time to time. After the character was dropped. To visit Jenny, Bill and Sly. Joey who dated bland Nurse Sheila. Did disappear early on. I think he was the first member of the family to go.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Well…his relationships with Roman and John used to be more in play, as well as Marlena.  But he hasn’t had the right kind of stories for most of his run, certainly not as invested in as other DAYS characters.  Plus the lack of care and attention given to Black actors and their characters by soaps in general.

• Members

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing.  His friendship with John/Roman was fairly important.  He was involved in a lot of stories with them-he was just not the lead.  Soaps do need characters like that.  Unfortunately it's glaring that he was a Black actor that could have lead his own stories.

I thought JR did really well with the story in the mid 80's with Richard Cates and his brother getting killed.