Same Actor, Different Names

• Members

I will say it is completely stupid and I have no idea why but I feel Tyler Christopher sounds more exotic than Tyler Baker which sounds like the name of a country bumpkin.
Not that there is anything wrong with that! But I sort of see how one would prefer the former to the latter if one overthinks these things and I can totally see Hollywood types like an agent or Marcil overthinking those things.

Personally I think all of them would have been better served to pick a name and stick to it - including actresses that get married.
Alison Sweeney (who was mistakenly credited as Allison Sweeney in one of her non-Days appearances, I found while researching this thread) has the right idea imo.
A name is a brand. The only thing it matters for is consistency.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This thread is turning out to be even more fun than I expected!

After leaving GL, Melinda Fee used the names Melinda O. Fee and Melinda O'Fee.

Yes, I remember when Paul Michael Glaser was just Paul Glaser on LOL. Good catch. Triple names were suddenly big about the time he changed.

Though I'm ready and willing to poke fun at actors who change their names for numerological reasons, acting is such a crazy profession with talented people sometimes making it but sometimes not, if I thought I'd have a bigger career calling myself Tracey or even Traceeeey, I just might do it.

• Webmaster

One not mentioned yet in the spellings category is Christian Le Blanc (Michael Baldwin, "The Young and the Restless").

He's either Christian LeBlanc (no space) or Christian Le Blanc (space) depending on which one you care to pay attention to while writing. It matters though. There's also the matter of him either being Christian Jules LeBlanc (no space) or Christian Jules Le Blanc (space). So frustrating to me when I write about him.

• Members

The space in Christian LeBlanc's name is so unnecessary and pretentious. It's an extremely extremely extremely common last name in south LA, and nooooooooo one puts a space between the syllables. In fact, the only time I've ever seen anyone with "La/Le" last names here put a space is when they're trying to break into show business.

• Webmaster

Another name that bugs me when I write about them, lol.

It's either Tracey Bregman or Tracey E. Bregman. It's almost like a light switch in terms of which one to use and when. The show sometimes uses just Tracey Bregman, but more recently has been sticking to Tracey E. Bregman. So I'm sticking with the E. LMAO.

As for Arianne Zucker, I knew I wasn't crazy when I recalled Zuker (without the "C") was a thing. Sigh.

This thread has turned into a venting paradise for a writer like me. 

Please register in order to view this content

Overall, I know names for Hollywood actors is about how you're listed in SAG which doesn't allow duplicates hence why Vanessa Williams isn't the model/actress most known for that name but the one who was on "Days of our Lives" and "Melrose Place," not to mention "Candy Man." It's an old law but it makes sense. Heck, Sarah Brown now goes exclusively by Sarah Joy Brown because of this.

This one I will forever remember. I believe Vanessa blocked the SON Twitter page (which remains blocked by her till this day) because in one article way back in the day I pointed out she wasn't truthful about being married to that guy from was it CSI: NY? when she first returned to GH. It came out in their divorce paperwork or something. She was all about having his name though.

• Members

I remember she got divorced or something and changed her name from Tracey Bregman Recht to Tracey Bregman around the time she added the "E" and one of the soap mag columnists snarking that it was a good thing, because they drew the line at 3 names and Tracey E. Bregman Recht was just a bit too much.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Radio actor Michael Romano had many soap roles in the 30's and 40's in Chicago and the New York.

When he moved to LA he changed his name to Jay Novello and acted in radio then TV and movies for many years.

Alan Feinstein (Mickey LOL, Jim EON etc) used the name Alan Yorke early in his career.